Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
hopalong

Problems solved

I want to share a couple of items with everyone that deserves our praise.
Back in July I had a blowout on my 2012 Hi Country Cougar fifth wheel. That led me to having to contact a Keystone dealer which I did to get parts to repair the damage. During that process I noticed my front cap Cougar emblem was all curled up and looking a mess. I asked this same supplier to send me a replacement emblem which she did. The emblem however was smaller that the one which I had already removed and so I could not use it. I called the supplier and I was told they had accidentally sent the wrong one and would send another one. After getting the second one it was exactly the same incorrect size as the first one. After the supplier checked she said their company did not have one and that Keystone said they did not either. This did not set well with me so I called Keystone's customer service and a rep told me she would check for me and see if she could locate one. She did and she sent it free of charge to me and it looks great on my camper. I was also concerned with the rest of the cap which looked bad itself. The paint was really faded and much oxidation was there. I looked up front cap maintenance in my owners manual and as an alternative to buffing and waxing there was a paragraph about a product called Poli-Glow. After looking at reviews I decided to give it a try. It took very little effort and after applying this product my front cap looks like it just came off the showroom. It was a real simple process. This product is not a was, its more like polyurethane but its not polyurethane. You apply it sorta like you do a stain on wood. You just give it several light coats letting it dry between each coat. It was very easy and I got great results. Hallelujah.
hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #2
GaryWT

Sounds good, glad it all worked out for you.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Sweet!! Could you tell me where you found the Poli-Glow?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
rnkburg

You have to order it online I believe. I have used it before and they have a site. Just can't Think of the address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

I'll go look for it.

Found it:
http://www.poliglow-int.com/

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
denverpilot

I'll throw another in here:

More than one friend swears by this stuff.

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax

I haven't had a chance to get after the vehicles and camper on a nice day with it yet, but have seen the results from others and its impressive. Especially on vehicles.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Bottle is here (Amazon had decent prices), I just need time to do it.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #7
hopalong

Poli-glow reply

You can order the poly-glow on line at www.poliglowproducts.com and they have a toll free number 800-922-5755. It comes in a kit which contains a product called poli-prep which you wash the area you will use the poli-glow on with. Poli-prep not only gets rid of the bugs and grime but it also removes old wax and oxidation and prepares the area for the poli-glow. The ploi-glow is really easy to use, you just lightly rub some on with the mitt that is included in the kit. After wiping on 7 to 8 coats your done. You wipe it on sorta like you would when staining a piece of wood. Just very lightly wipe on a layer then you let it dry which takes 2 or 3 minutes depending temperature and then come back and wipe on the next coat. The literature says it will last for about a year and then you have to reapply a couple of coats to bring it back. There are detailed instructions with the kit. I used it on my camper about 3 weeks ago and I've been on a trip of around 1400 miles and it still looks great. I am extremely well pleased with the results. I've had several people who have commented on how good it looks. The kit cost around $65.00 and if you go online to their website they have couple of videos you can watch which shows you how to do it but it is very simple to use. The info they provide tells you all the do's and don't s.

Hopalong
Old 11-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #8
hopalong

Another question about Poli-glow

One thing I forget to ask about. Has anyone ever used this stuff on a car or truck? Their instructions tell you not to but I don't see why you couldn't. They do tell you that you can use it on any painted surface but not on a vehicle. Have any of you ever used it that way?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

hopalong,

The reason it may not be recommended for use on cars is the clear coat finish. Not much will stick to that and it may cloud or dull the finish ?? Just a thought.

Have you towed through love bugs yet with the poli-glo? I'm curious how well it protects or how easy it is to clean them off the surface with poli-glo on it?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
hopalong

John,

No I haven't tested it on love bugs yet. I did go to Tennessee for a couple of weeks but there wasn't any love bugs. I'll be out of town for several days but when I get back I'll wash the front cap off and see if the bugs I do have will wash off easily. I believe they will. It still looks nice and shiny but there are a good many bugs. I'll let you know.