Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
raypa

Keystone is refusing to fix 2 big issues

I just found this board today and I need to vent.

We have a 2010 Springdale 303BHSSR that is 1 year old. I took our trailer down to the dealer in October 2010 for warrantee repairs and am still bickering with Keystone to date about getting 2 problems addressed. Our first problem is that something is going on with our axles. We have about 2000 miles on the trailer and the 2 tires on the super slideout side of the TT have wear on the outer edge of the tire at almost a 45 degree wear line. The tires are to the point where they will need replaced due to this very soon. I’ve had several trailers and I have never had tire wear like this. Keystone says it is normal wear and there is nothing wrong. Previously when I called Keystone in the summer about this, they said that the axles are probably tortioned wrong and may need replaced. Now they are telling me to pound salt.

Second issue is I notice that the water on the super slide outside was pouring off from the middle of the trailer rather than the rain spouts. I climbed the ladder and noticed that the roof is sagging above the slideout. I mention this to the dealer and they held a chalk line up to it and it showed an almost 1” sag in the roof. The dealer also noted that the top flap seal for the slide is not functioning properly due to this sag. Keystone is saying that there is nothing wrong and will not repair anything.

I was tired on being blown off by the service rep for Keystone. (Denise Davis) and asked for her boss. I’m still waiting for a response. This ordeal started October 22,2010 and this is Feb1, 2011 with no results.

What does one do to get things corrected.
raypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
andyrad

I would start by keeping your cool. Getting pissed at the people that you want to help you does not help. While keeping cool, keep records of all conversations and shop visits as ammunition. Then keep steady on the boss and ask him to justify his or her reasons for warranty denial. Read your warranty ten times and make note so you know exactly what it says, something I have not done yet. The easiest way to get this done is to work with them in a cordial manner and they won't get their back up. Kind of kills the venting but it's how I deal with people daily and it tends to work well.
andyrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
raypa

Yes, I have been keeping my cool with them. That is why I came here to vent . I just can't believe how stand offish they are. If I would stop emailing them, I would bet I'd never hear back from them. I have to email them once a week to remind them they are still working on this.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
mickeynbranson

Contact Good Sam

I have read several articles in Good Sam Magazine where they have gone after companies and dealers to get satisfaction for owners who have been unable to get results. It don't hurt to try, and Good Sam has more clout then we do.
Best of luck!
mickeynbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
camper 2010

Good luck on getting Denies' boss to call you. I have tried for 3 months to get a supervisor to call me about poor craftmanship on my Cougar.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Pennsylvaniasprinter

I got a generic email from a supervisor saying at this time Keystone would like me to bring my trailer back in for repairs....let's see....5th or so times now and it is not even a year old. They apologize but that's it.
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 AM   #7
antiqfreq

I guess a Keystone supervisor can only offer his/her apologies for a camper he did not personally build - but if they are offering to bring it in for repairs then I don't know what else to ask for.

I do like the idea of letting Good Sam know of your problems - if you are a member of that group - we are - and I wouldn't hesitate to ask for their help. It certainly can't hurt..........

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Um....how bout a new camper...one that doesnt require being in for repairs more than it available for use. To have a camper and the first spring, summer, and fall it is in the repairshop more than it is at a campground or at my house....the answer is not..take it back in to the repairshop yet again! How bout wanting to use the camper and it doesn't work as it should so you have to camp without the slide going out, or wait a few days/weeks to see if they can fix it in time for your next camping trip...vacation up in the air...an apology doesn't go very far. Unless you have that happen to you, you can only "imagine" what it is like.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #9
Bob Landry

Most states have a Lemon Law. I don't know if it applies to RVs, but it's worth checking on. If you choose that approach, I would have all my ducks in a row before bringing it up. To tell them that you are going to check on something that may not even exist would not go very far towards furthering your case with them, but if it is in effect where you live, it could leave them no choice but to fix your problem or replace it. Just a thought.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
bounderx2

I had problems with warranty work not getting done. Factory would not return my phone calls. I took pictures of the problems to the RV show and showed them to the factory rep. Told him that if I didnt get this resolved I would stand in front of his display and show the pictures to all of his potential customers.
I had a message on the answering machine by the time I got home. The trailer was fixed the next week.
bounderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Herap

I agree with Antiqfreq on using Good Sam. Read something about a person having a 7 year old camper (way out of warranty) with an issue and Good Sam was able to get more money back for repairs that the manufacturer didn't want to reimburse initially. Even if you not a member, try anyway and if you're not a member, maybe it would be worth one years membership to try. Just a thought.
Herap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Sounds like a good option...going to RV shows. I've wasted so much time with this camper, might as well waste some more. Only thing is, I'll probably get so disqusted again that we bought this piece of s..t seeing all of the other campers, it will probably just make me more mad.