Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
vanillagorilla

extending outdoor shower hose

I have a 2014 303bhssr springdale. several of the places we go does not have full hookups so a lot of outdoor showering is done. I recently bought me a outdoor shower house and was thinking about extending the outdoor shower hose so the use of hot water can be used. looking at using some brass fitting and a small diameter hose. any other ideas using quick connects???? thanks in advance!!!!
vanillagorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
ctpd814

My unit came with this style exterior faucet:
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-P1404M...+shower+faucet

You may be able to exchange yours for this one and it will take care of your issue.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
EMScamp

We did the same when we had a PUP. Didn't so much as extend the hose but replaced it entirely with a longer hose. If I recall, I was able to remove the sprayer head and transfer the parts to the new hose. I had to cut out a hole in the back of the outside shower insert to allow the hose to go into the dead space behind it. Not sure about your unit but if you should be able to remove the outside shower to see if you have a like dead space behind yours.
We started off with a single room shower house but later we bought a two room shower house so we had a dry changing area. We then made an access through the side for the hose and to allow turning the shower on/off.
EMScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpd814 View Post
My unit came with this style exterior faucet:
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-P1404M...+shower+faucet

You may be able to exchange yours for this one and it will take care of your issue.
When I clicked on your link, it showed some additional parts, such as a quick-disconnect fitting for the hose. That might be ideal for something like this.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
vanillagorilla

I do have access from the shower door the slide the hose inside. trying to keep the shower head that is on it because it has the on/off slide button. sometimes I wont need the longer hose. that is why I am looking to use some kind of quick connect fitting to make it longer when needed.
vanillagorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
mikell

Why outdoor?? put a bucket under the sewer outlet and open the grey water valve. Works best with a few small holes in the bucket. I take the garden hose fitting off the cap and have a short hose to go into the bucket to keep it quiet. Or you can just run a longer hose to the brush. It's legal in many states to put grey water on the ground
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote