Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
canesfan

Water Pump "Decoupling"

So Keystone was nice enough to use a flexible hose on one side of the pump, but not the other, but hey, it's a start. The way mine is, I needed more than the standard 20" hose (maybe that's why they didn't put one there), Lowes only has one 30" 1/2" FIP hose so I bought it and the fit was just right. When I compared it to all the other 1/2" FIP hoses Keystone used, mine looks smaller in diameter. Without measuring it I'd say the actual hose looks 3/8" when all the others look to be 1/2". I put it in anyway but since it's going to go below freezing some more I didn't test it yet. My question is, knowing what I know or don't know about water pressure and all, will that one smaller diameter hose have any noticeable effect on my water pressure? I'm doing what I can to get the shower better and don't want to undo what I've already done.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

With box store faucet supplies 1/2" FPT connections the ID of the hose should be 5/16" but the actual fitting reduces it even more. To get 1/2" ID hose you will have to go to 3/4" NPT supplies and reduce down to connect to 1/2". Flexible supplies reduce volume by the nature of their design. If you go to a plumbing supply you should be able to get less restrictive with larger ID tubing. RV dealer may even have it.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
canesfan

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll try a plumbing supply place, I've looked online some and there doesn't seem to a lot over the standard 20" length, and those that I found at 30" didn't say what diameter the hose was.