Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
rough rider

Back Up Camera for Raptor

Just got off the phone with the toy hauler representative for Raptor to find out the lastest updates. Looks like you will be able to order a factory installed Garmin backup camera now when you order a new Raptor, this just started about 1 week ago. Sounds like a pretty cool system designed for rvs. The unit will include route planning with considerations of rv height and weight for low bridge crossings and small bridges with weight restrictions. It will include campground routing and lifetime updates. The unit has very wide angle viewing with reverse mirror imaging and a 7" monitor for the cab.
rough rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
rnkburg

The height would be an awesome addition to GPS. I am constantly worried about height . I added the second ac and I believe I am now at 13'2" tall.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
rough rider

It looks like it may be mounted on the back cap just above the led lights on the Raptor so it's up there aways. I am thinking this would be a very nice addition to any rv. The way the rep described it im not sure I could be without one. Lol
rough rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
billb800si

I'm not sure I want a 7 inch display mounted somewhere on my dash.
I've thought about getting a I-Ball rear camera. Could use it anywhere there's a 12 outlet. Mounts in the cigarette lighter.
Look here: http://www.iballhitchcam.com/ $149

Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
SandMShall

I just bought a new Toyota Tundra that has an aftermarket Pioneer system installed which has a backup camera attached above the license plate. Would it possible to add an extension cable from its current location and extend it to the rear of the trailer while towing?

By the way.....I'm still in the research stage of purchasing our first travel trailer, so most of my questions are "hypothetical" for the time being. We plan on purchasing in May of this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
SandMShall is offline   Reply With Quote