Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Yeti

Talking Inverter ?

Was wondering if someone could tell me how big of an inverter I have in my 323mks? Or where I would look to figure it out on my own?thanks yeti
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The size of inverter you need will depend on what you're wanting to power and the size of the battery bank you have (or plan to install) to power the inverter. It does little good to install a 2000 watt inverter to run your microwave and TV and to power it with a single 12 volt group 27 battery. It would work, but for only 10 minutes or so until you'd be out of battery power.

Much more information on what you're trying to power, how you plan to supply battery power to the inverter and what type of camping you want to do. Then, even with that information, you'll get a number of different opinions.

When you get a chance, fill in the blanks and you'll get much more relevant information.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Yeti -
Are you looking for information about the size of an inverter or converter? The converter is a permanent fixture in RVs and changes 110VAC to 12VDC. An inverter is usually something the owner adds on and installs later and changes 12VDC to 110VAC.

The converter can be found by following the external shore power connection to the converter. It is often very close to the 110VAC line coming into the RV. Sometimes, the converter is on the floor and has a metal vented fold down cover on it. When the RV lights are on, you may hear a hum coming from it. It may be a WFCO of some model. When the cover is down, you will see a number of fuses and breakers on the face of it.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Yeti

Yes converter is what I meant. Lol. Ok with that straightened out can you replace the factory one with a bigger one?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
ktmracer

yes, you often can replace the factory unit with one with equal or higher output current. If you have one of the very common WFCO units, Progressive Dynamics (PD) makes drop in replacements. A typical "factory" WFCO unit is 55A max, but check your converter, it should list max output current.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
Yeti

Ok will do thanks for the quick answers
Old 01-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
Yosemitebob

Did you find it? If you have 50 amp service, you would have the WF-9855 converter. It is behind your breaker panel, but there should be another way to get to it. Mine I access by opening up the basement panel.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote