Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
wcisoup

Angry 2010 springdale three leaks in the first 13 months

Bought new in june 2009. First leak July of 2009. Leak in slide out front end. Took to APPLETON CAMPING CENTER four times could not find the leak. I said the sweeper seal is not right. They said it could not leak from there. I took a garden hose out and found the leak right where i said it was. So they fixed the leak.

But that must not have been the main leak because I picked it up and it rained the next day and it was wet again. They are thinking i am making it up. I took out the garden hose and found a seal on the bottom of the slide out that looked like it was sealed but when you put running water on it the sealent folded over and let water in ontop of the floor and the carpet pullled it in.

I resealed the slide. I contacted KEYSTONE and they said it was not a warranty issue becaues it was not in the first 90 days. I said it was the first leak was 30 days after i bought it. Appleton Camping center never told them about the leaks. I asked for an extended warranty and KEYSTONE said no!!!

Now i have another leak in the bedroom. It is getting the floor wet. I think it is the awning mount. So i sealed around it now that it is off warranty and it still leaks. Now i have to spend MY money to find YET ANOTHER LEAK. I am not happy with KEYSTONE for not standing behind their product and act like i am scaming them. I WILL NOT recomend ANY KEYSTONE product and having a banner made up to take camping with me to let everyone know not to purchase a KEYSTONE camper.
wcisoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Dave and Lynn

Your warranty was only a 90 day warranty?

Lynn
Dave and Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote