Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Bugle Boy

New Camping World in Mid Missouri

The new Camping World in Columbia, Missouri is now open. They are on I 70 on the north side of exit 133 about 3 miles east of Columbia. Columbia is halfway between St. Louis and Kansas City.

I stopped by there today and they have a very nice facility set up. Camping world is now tied in with Good Sams and I believe they are out to do good things in the RV world.

We just bought our new Cougar 31RKS from Camping World in Springfield, MO and one of the reasons, in addition to a good trade deal, was that we would have this facility so close to home.....4 miles.

I know I have seen some not so kind comments on this forum regarding CW but now that they are tied in with Good Sams I cannot believe they will not provide good customer service to the RV community.

Just wanted to let you know.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
jay123

Thumbs down

Did you not post some not so kind comments about Keystone before you had your unit ?? Power in numbers
jay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Bugle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay123 View Post
Did you not post some not so kind comments about Keystone before you had your unit ?? Power in numbers
Yes I did. That post was due to a case of nerves as we awaited the delivery of our new Cougar from Camping World. I got hung up on all the discussions of problems that folks had posted. Those posts had me picturing Kestone as a careless, sloppy outfit that had poor customer support.

I still find some of the problems people post about their new trailers surprising and indicative of poor quality control/supervision. Not sure why any sloppy work is showing up on any of the trailers if the workers care.

So far, our transition from Sunline to Keystone/Cougar/Camping World has been a very pleasant experience with none of the issues I was concerned about.

I even thought about deleting that post but it stimulated some good discussion.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
davidjsimons

I'm glad to hear that things came together for you. I believe you will be pleased with your purchase, I know that I have been.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #5
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle Boy View Post
I still find some of the problems people post about their new trailers surprising and indicative of poor quality control/supervision. Not sure why any sloppy work is showing up on any of the trailers if the workers care.
That is most definitely the case. Quality control may not be the be the problem as much as "workers that care". If you have never worked an assembly line type setting, you have no idea how monotonous it gets doing the same thing over and over and over and over and.....
I am sure these people think they are giving there best, but just get laid back and want something different. That is when they use screws that are not meant for a particular area, may be too long or short, or not big enough.
Things get by QC people too! The moulding around my bathroom exit door was missing a staple on each side about 12" from the floor. I did not catch it until 3rd trip out and I went over pretty much everything in the unit with a fine toothed comb. ( I thought). I took two 3d finish nails and problem solved.

I too bought from CW. I did not do business with the location 3 miles from my house, but chose to go the one 90 miles away. Service was the factor for me. Close location would not even call me back when I was looking to purchase a unit, how do you think service is there. I knew as I took my older unit there for some work. Have been very pleased with CW in Chattanooga, TN!!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote