Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
WELLSweR

Norcold Freezer N811FRT 2012 Montana

After several attempts to fix our freezer, Norcold has determined this is normal, as it's not a frost free refrigerator. Please see pics at this site https://plus.google.com/photos/11255...75865090776753 Keystone has been working on a fix but has passed now and says nothing they can do, is not their warranty but Norcolds...
WELLSweR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
richf28

I'm definitely no expert on this kind of things but I remember an old refrigerator I have in my garage seemed to frost up quicker than normal. I was told it was from a bad seal around the door letting warmer, humid air in causing the frost. I couldn't find a new seal for the door so I shimmed it and readjusted the door. So far it's worked and has been that way a few years now.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
WELLSweR

Thanks for the suggestion but the techs have put shims in two different times with two different doors and the frost is building up on the center top of door and center on roof of freezer just inside within 24 hours of operation. Everytime I use the Norcold freezer I have to wipe off door. Great product.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Have they replaced the freezer door gasket? If all they've done is shim it or "adjust it" you might find that simply replacing it will do the trick. A gasket will cost you about $50-$100. Not a cheap repair, but if it works, I'd be all over Norcold to pay for it. I suppose the alternatives are to live with it or buy another refrigerator. Not a happy decision for sure

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
WELLSweR

Freezer

The freezer door was replaced, you'd think both would not have bad gaskets. Just got info from Norcold tech, after trying to fix four different times, they've decided this is normal as it is not frost free. Contacted Keystone and they said they can do no more for us as Norcold has said this is normal! Very disappointed in Keystone and Norcold.