Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
Maxine51334

Shaw laminate flooring

We are looking to replace the vinyl and carpet in the living area of our Laredo.
Has anyone used the Shaw floating floor product ? Happy with it,not happy with it ?
Also,I was wondering if the slide would scar the flooring? I would think it would raise high enough to glide above it,but I am new to all this and want to make sure.
Any help would be great !
Thanks

2002(new to us) Laredo
Ford F150

Furry companions: Isabelle,Harper,Cooper,Bert and Henry 🐶
Maxine51334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
sjturbo

Just a note on Shaw. They make some of the best carpet on the market. I would think their laminate floor would follow that reputation. Regarding the slide marring the finish I would mask down butcher paper and see if the slide does any damage to the current flooring, then decide. Proper slide adjustment might be the key.
sjturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
mom2budnbug

Are you looking at their tile or wood look? We have an off brand of laminate plank in our kitchen, so I cannot comment on Shaw's quality, but I can tell you that we do not care for it. Any water that creeps into the seams will expand the press board and cannot be repaired. Moving appliances has not scratched or damaged it, but dog nails will. We have dropped scissors and other kitchen items and have ended up with damage as well. Best of luck in your decision.
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Maxine51334

We bought the tile look. I hope we didn't make a mistake ! The salesman said RV people buy it all the time and have had no problem . He did say he would not recommend Allure for an RV however.
We have gone to a few dealers and asked about replacing the carpet. Some say it can't be done, others want us to let them do it ( sure they do) and one said it was no big deal for a DIY project. Guess it depends on who you talk too .
I did ask if we ordered a new camper if I could order No carpet and No furniture. That answer was NO ! Really? Why? They had no good answer.
So guess we will replace the carpet with new flooring and hope for the best.

2002(new to us) Laredo
Ford F150

Furry companions: Isabelle,Harper,Cooper,Bert and Henry 🐶
Maxine51334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
MConnelly

Floor replacement

At the beginning of the summer I installed Allure flooring in our 403 Fuzion.
I did the steps, the bathroom, the salon and the garage.
I have been in high heat and very cool mornings. No issues what so ever.

As to the slide marking the floor. To ensure mine did not I put some sthin aluminum strips on the floor when I retract the slides for the slides to ride up on.

The install was quite easy. At this point I would recommend the Allure strip plank vinyl flooring.
MConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote