Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
mel07green

Two hinges? Is that too much to ask?

It's out first self-inflicted injury: we didn't shut a kitchen cabinet door correctly, and when we drew the slideout in, we wrecked two hinges. (I say "we" but my husband did it, yes he did.)

Anyway, called Keystone, figuring they have bucketloads of these hinges laying about. (There are 102 in our Alpine alone )

We were referred to the parts department, then back to switch, then customer service, who told us to contact the dealer (who would then have to contact Keystone for said hinges ...)
So we called back again, explained the situation, and are now waiting on a call-back.
To us, this is (another) litmus test of the ability of a much-maligned CS department to step up.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
mel07green

Personally, if I were a Keystone rep, I'd hightail it to the nearest USPS and send a couple of hinges myself. The good PR would be paid back tenfold. There'd be bragging here, instead of bitching.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
66ken

I'm sorry but I don't understand your problem. If you need a part for your Ford pickup would you contact Ford Motor Co or the dealer you purchased it from?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
cpaulsen

I would just go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a couple of ghinges.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
Terrydactile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ken View Post
If you need a part for your Ford pickup would you contact Ford Motor Co or the dealer you purchased it from?
This a true statement. Keystone's business is done through their dealer network, including warranty and replacement parts. You'll be better served by a dealer, they may even have them in stock.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
mel07green

I just thought it might have been a gesture of goodwill on their part (I've been to the plant at Goshen and there were boxes and boxes of hinges laying around), considering all the problems I've already had and continue to have with my unit.
I'm 1000 miles from the dealer I bought it from and they were unhelpful and rude through the entire process. So no, I shan't be returning to them.
Guess I just need to lower my expectations even further.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Terrydactile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel07green View Post
I just thought it might have been a gesture of goodwill on their part (I've been to the plant at Goshen and there were boxes and boxes of hinges laying around), considering all the problems I've already had and continue to have with my unit.
I'm 1000 miles from the dealer I bought it from and they were unhelpful and rude through the entire process. So no, I shan't be returning to them.
Guess I just need to lower my expectations even further.
Find another dealer, call them with the info on your RV and ask them to mail you the hinges. Have your credit card ready of course.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
LarryD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrydactile View Post
You'll be better served by a dealer, they may even have them in stock.
Most dealers sell multiple model lines from multiple manufacturers, why would you think the average dealer would invest money in unit specific parts, that if they don't sell they can't return to Keystone either? Generic parts, sure, just like Camping World, the dealer will carry things that can be sold to any customer regardless of year, manufacturer or model. Sorry, if the OP wants the exact part, then a dealer will have to order it, if they even want to be bothered by such a low $ benefit for them. That is apparently the business model in play.

Not so for some other brands. I can, and have, called the parts dept. for my brand and ordered unique parts, paid with a credit card and have them shipped to my house in a few days. No run-around.
LarryD is offline   Reply With Quote