Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
Carmul

Question Pocket Door Track Screw

Pocket Door Track Screw has come out of track located inside wall behind storage cabinet. Cannot access the track through the panel to shower plumbing. Has anyone experienced this? Husband is about to cut another hole in wall to reach tract. HELP!
Carmul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Yes - last year our pocket door collapsed onto the floor while it was retracted and in its pocket. The track had ripped out of the ceiling and a couple of screws had fallen into the track making it impossible to move the door. I tried all sorts of things to try to move it out of the pocket. After many unsuccessful tries, I eventually gave up, put some blocking underneath and at the sides of the door so that it is secure but unusable. The door is there to stay.

I was not about to tear down entertainment center and wall to get at track.

I will eventually get around to putting in some kind of folding/accordian door as a replacement but so far we really have had no need to pull the door out of its pocket. The replacement is on my "to do" list. Could be a while.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Mighty Ming

Yup been there done that. No need to cut a hole in walls. Go to tool store buy the longest extensions you can for a cordless drill/screw driver. I removed all the trims n door then the entire door track and put a bead of Power Grab (liquid nails etc) on the track to adhere to ceiling then screwed it all back in. It's really tight to get back in there. Small hands n small thin drill/driver with the much needed extension help. Careful and use the proper screws don't want to be too long n go through roof. I posted this somewhere let me see if I can find. Not difficult to do. Just really tight quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Mighty Ming

Here you go. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9278

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Mingo-
If you are ever up our way, drop by and you can show me how you did this. An actual demonstration would be great and since you have all the right tools, it shouldn't take long.

When I posted my similar pocket door problem some time ago, I think you were one of the members who came up with this fix. As you can see, my door is still in the "fixin" stage. Don't want to rush into these things.

Tags
pocket door, track screw