Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
Kat52

Newbie looking at Cougar

Hello everyone. I am currently looking at a 2012 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. I currently have a Jayco that is litarally falling apart. That is not making me a happy camper.

Does anyone have the 246RLSHE model?? And how do you like it and any cons?? I am shopping in my head right now. haha

Kat

Moderator's Note - Moved from New Member Check In to here.
Kat52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

We, like many others on here, also have a Cougar and have been pleased with it since we purchased it in '08.

A while back, a "satisfaction" survey was conducted amongst our members to see if they would buy another Keystone product again. The results indicated that just over 90% showed that they would if given the opportunity. While not exactly scientific, it does show that there is a pretty high level of satisfaction amongst our members with their Keystone RV.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
We, like many others on here, also have a Cougar and have been pleased with it since we purchased it in '08..
X2 on a happy Cougar owner!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
RdRmr

X2 as far as a happy Cougar High Country owner. Don't have the 246RLS, ours is a 2011 291RLS. DW loves the layout. Since purchasing the unit our biggest issue was the Lippert Trail-Aire suspension system, that has since been replaced with Dexter's unit and all is well. Over twenty thousand towed miles so far. Happy Campin....

2016 KZ Durango 315RKD
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW, CCLB, 6.7L Cummins, Aisin.
Curt puck legs w/Curt Q16 head
VET/USMC
RdRmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
raytronx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat52 View Post
Hello everyone. I am currently looking at a 2012 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. I currently have a Jayco that is litarally falling apart. That is not making me a happy camper.

Does anyone have the 246RLSHE model?? And how do you like it and any cons?? I am shopping in my head right now. haha

Kat

Moderator's Note - Moved from New Member Check In to here.
I wrote up a full review on my 276RLSWE Very happy with the Cougar. Has little problems like any RV but overall good value.

Ray

2011 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE
1994 Ford F350 7.3L IDI DRW

LoveYourRV.com
raytronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Bowline

Overall pretty satisified with Cougar

We have a 2010 Cougar 27 RLS and have overall been pretty happy with it. There are some annoyances, including peeling decals and leaks in the door windows that have caused some de-lamination in the fiberglass door panels. I found that the sealing around those door windows was nearly non-existent. I have since replaced the window frames, and re-sealed the windows. The decals are a problem. Nearly all of them are beginning to peel. I will remove each of them, and am not planning on replacing. My trailer will become anonymous. Axel alignment was also a problem, but that was fixed. We have towed over 15,000 miles, through all kinds of weather, and have been quite happy with our unit, decals and all.
Bowline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
eds451

We have an 07 244RLS since 2010. It has been a terrific first trailer for the DW and me. Everything still works (knock on my noggin!!). The only major mods have been a Mor-Ryd king pin, EZ-flex equalizer suspension, slide topper and an 80 inch queen bed to fit my 6'2" frame.
I do not dare show my DW the new 246RLS with the upper slide out. When the time comes, we will most likely be buying another Keystone.

Central Calif.
2010 Dodge 2500HD, 5.7 hemi
2007 Cougar 244rls
eds451 is offline   Reply With Quote