Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #21
golfpro

I was told this years ago and that is that building a RV is not rocket science. You will have some problems with any thing that is man made, even kids. I think that some manufactures are not as quality conscious as Keystone and I for one would buy another.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #22
LouSlugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Louslugger, Bankerbob joined this site in June 2011 and posted that they were going to hit the road fulltiming in July 2011. His last visit to this site was August, 1, 2011, so I'd guess he did exactly that. He most likely won't see your post asking him to PM you... I'd guess he's somewhere in the "warm part" of some state enjoying his retirement. Maybe someone else can help you with your questions...
You are a wise man, thank you.
LouSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
2002 Keystone Sprinter

Hi,
We have had a Coachmen and Keystone campers. I have seen individuals happy with their campers and others who were not. As with all mechanical items, regular maintenance and inspections are required. I learned the hard way with my first camper. Inspect, repair and replace as necessary roof sealant; same with the windows and doors as well as sealing the molding seams. These should be inspected and resealed spring and fall. Inspect the frame, springs, axles, tires a few times per season. Appliances are usually trouble-free but common sense and a little bit of know how can do quite a bit. My in-laws have a 2006 Outback 5th wheel (bought new) and have had problems with one water leak, and a few problems with the gray and black water tank leaks but these have been repaired and they are quite happy with their purchase. I can understand peoples frustrations with purchasing new units and having major problems but I would hope the manufacturers would stand by their product. In my opinion RV's should be of better quality verses the price paid for these units.
We have a 292FWRLS Keystone Sprinter 5th wheel tow vehicle Ford F250 Super Duty V10.
2002 Keystone Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #24
MDRVers

So glad to see the 90% returning customers survey as my wife and I are looking at a 2013 Sydney 5th wheel in a week or so. Like all areas of life, whether it's restaurants, motels, hotels, theme parks, vacation spots, cruise ships, everyone has an opinion and not everyone can be pleased. The best to do is do your research, ask your local dealer a lot of questions and even tour their service dept and meet the employees. And after purchase, keep up on your maintenance schedule and treat your rig nicely and regularly inspect the unit for defects.

My wife had a huge issue with a 2006 Starcraft TT and will never buy a Starcraft again but I'm sure there are those that have great rigs from Starcraft and would stand by them.

Just my two cents....

Fayne
MDRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #25
RonBracken

New Here 2011 Raptor Velocity Problem

1. Water heater would not work (Fixed)
2. Furnace had it fixed 4 times (now fixed)
3. Master bed slider was not adjusted right, pulling the bad apart (Fixed)
4. The Front Main jacks need to be replaced, quite working. (Fixed)
5. Fuel station linked all over. (Fixed)
6. Batteries will not stay charged
7. Top bunk fell apart with two little girls on it a sleep.
8. First time to use the Airbed it quite working.
9. The front Decal has faded and has run down the face of the trailer.
10. The wood grill on the front of the Furnace fell apart, Staple not placed right.
11. The wood on the side of the cabinets also is coming apart, Staple to small.
12. The furnace vent in the master bed room no air flow.

We have only used this trailer now 4 times, and it is only 1 year old. Any Help from anyone it seems to me and I have told Keystone the Quality Control is lacking when this trailer was put together.
But it is a Great looking Toy Hauler, well it was until the decal problem.
RonBracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #26
SAABDOCTOR

Most everything on your list is vendor supplied. that is where the quality problem exists. that said some of the line workers have an issue with getting the staples in the right place. i have had similar trim issues but no big deal to fix. the bed now that is a problem that keystone should jump on. the vendor supplied items might warrant a letter direct to them. some times direct contact is better than hopping excessive warranty claims by keystone gets some bean counters attention. sorry you had such issues hope they all get resolved and camping will be fun again.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
Festus2
Site Team

Poor furnace airflow to the upper bedroom area is not uncommon and has been reported here many times before. Members have found kinks and construction debris in the ducting, loose or missing tape where joins are found and a few other issues.
You need to start right at the furnace where the hot air exits making sure that this connection is tight and that other exits have not been knocked out. Work your way back and check the ducting where ever you can access it. In some places, you may have to check in storage areas inside the black plastic coroplast found at the bottom of your RV.
Straighten any kinks and if you can, eliminate any 90 degree bends in the ducting. A good vacuuming might reveal interesting stuff that has been left during construction.

There are also some fit and finish issues that many have experienced - loose staples and screws or ones that have missed their mark altogether. While annoying, many of these can be fixed by the owner.

Some of the other problems you have appear to be the fault of the supplier or manufacturer - furnace and water heater.

The collapsing bunks are a totally different problem and clearly not acceptable. What did Keystone or your dealer have to say about that?

Did you, before purchasing this RV, do a thorough pre-delivery inspection and notice any of these problems that you have mentioned or did they appear after you took it off the lot?
Old 09-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #28
Murray0512

I don't think keystone is quality awake at all or there wouldn't be so many different problems on do many of the different units they build . I will never buy a new keystone again I will search for used that has had all the bugs worked out and issues solved
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #29
Lack of HP

problems

I understand your frustrations. I too had issues until I figured out make your dealer work with Keystone. Your Fifthwheel or Travel Trailer is only as good as your dealers relationship with Keystone. Everyone now days has quality control issues. Just part of life. My dealer CW has a great GM who I got to know on a first name bases. I now have a contact if I have an issue. He is great to work with, makes sure his service people are taking care of me and does a followup. Since then I have bought another new fifthwheel from them because of the service. Did I have issues with it? Yes a bunch. They took care of all of them, still taking care of me and working with me on issues. Keystone is a long ways away. Your dealer is face to face and needs your business. I don't know of a RV that does not have QC problems. Go to your dealer and make them work with you. I learned after nearly getting a ulcer that honey will get you more than vinager. A little tip to that special tech that takes care of you all the time doesn't hurt either, or a dozen donuts at the service counter once in a while makes a difference. Good Luck and hope things turn out well for you. Joe
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #30
Murray0512

I have changed dealers but still looking for a good one .We will see how that works out.
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote