Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2021, 09:34 PM   #1
JOglesby

New Bullet 290 BHS toilet

We just purchased our first TT, a bullet 290 BHS. We love it. However not the toilet so much. It has the Dometic 300 plastic toilet. I'm a big guy, 6', 275. The little round seat is just not comfortable. It looks like its installed pretty close to the back wall. Looking at the Dometic manuals the 320 would not fit due to the center line of the flange is to close. What are my options for a more comfortable experience? Has anyone else had a similar issue and what did you do?
Another option would be to replace the seat with one the has a slightly larger opening, has anyone found such a thing?
JOglesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:27 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

There have been many posts regarding this, some very recently. Do a search on the forum. Try using "Dometic toilet" s your search terms and you should gind plenty of reading.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:33 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

I have a Dometic 320 tall for the same reason you are asking about swapping. I have an old trailer which was originally fitted with a Thetford Aqua Magic which was like trying to sit on a bucket. Since you can't fit a 320, look at Thetford's full line of toilet in addition to Dometic. They make a lot of different styles and one may fit in your area OK and have a better shape.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, toilet