Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Mike2593

Unhappy Owner of New 2012 Passport

I just purchased a 2012 Passport 245RB and am very disappointed with the quality. This is my first NEW TT and I expected more. The used TT, MH, and popups were much better.

I have had it a week and this is what I have found so far:

The microwave does not work
Two of the windows only open about 8 inches then they bind up
One of the windows leaks
Water heater leaks
Slideout seal is coming apart
The TV has a dead pixel (Red Dot)

This is all before the first trip this weekend. I am taking it back to the dealer on Monday to see what their solution are.

I am embarrassed to say I just bought a Keystone Passport. What are the lemon laws in California?
Mike2593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
f6bits

Lemon laws only apply to stuff that can’t be fixed. All of the issues you mention can be easily fixed, though I’m not sure about the stuck pixel on the TV.

I don’t know which dealer you used, but most dealers give you a couple of hours with one of their techs to do a walkthrough. Many people block more time to do a thorough PDI to test out all systems and visually inspect the trailer. Nobody will do a more thorough job of inspecting the trailer than the owner. This is typical of all manufacturers.

Before Monday, I suggest you continue to inspect the trailer for any other issues. Here’s one checklist to use (Flyguy’s seems to have disappeared):
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
ksfis43

Do you have the Trailer plugged into Shore Power or a Generator?
The Microwave will not work off the Batteries.

2011 Passport 280BH LE
2009 Dodge Ram 1500
ksfis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Mike2593

Shore Power

I have it plugged into a 20 amp 120 volt circuit at my house. The microwave light does come on but the dish does not turn and it does not heat.

The dealer asked me the same question.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2593 View Post
I have it plugged into a 20 amp 120 volt circuit at my house. The microwave light does come on but the dish does not turn and it does not heat.

The dealer asked me the same question.
Silly Question: Did you remove all tape and packing material from the inside of the microwave and what are you trying to heat. It should not be run empty.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Mike2593

Passport Microwave

The packing and tape are removed. The carousel does not turn and the cup of cold water is still cold after 2 minutes of running.

I called the dealer as soon as I found the problem. I was showing the new trailer to some friends and found my first keystone trailer problem.

The dealer recommended bringing the trailer in after the first trip out. I just hope the trip is not ruined by trailer defects.

I probably would not use the microwave on this trip.

I am just disappointed that the trailer will be back at the dealer for repairs so soon. It does not even have a license plate yet.

What is a reasonable amount of time to have the repairs I listed above repaired?

Thanks

Old 03-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
antiqfreq

It sounds like everything you have found is fixable.

I hope it all works out for you - please keep us informed.

And if your dealer does a good job, please post it here so other members know about them.

Hopefully they can get it all done ASAP.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
f6bits

For repairs, the microwave might take some time if a replacement is needed. The rest of the stuff can hopefully be taken apart and fixed without the need for parts. Except for the TV. Aside from the microwave and TV, it should take a week if they’re actively working on the trailer.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:

I called the dealer as soon as I found the problem. I was showing the new trailer to some friends and found my first keystone trailer problem.

The dealer recommended bringing the trailer in after the first trip out. I just hope the trip is not ruined by trailer defects.

I am just disappointed that the trailer will be back at the dealer for repairs so soon. It does not even have a license plate yet.

What is a reasonable amount of time to have the repairs I listed above repaired?

Thanks

Actually, all of these things should have been fixed before you signed on the dotted line and took the trailer home. Now that the dealer has your money you are at his mercy. Hopefully you have a good dealer and he will treat you fairly. Micro and tv will have to be replaced and that takes time as they are covered under their own warranties now that you took possession . The other things should not take long and the dealer is asking you to use the trailer so you can see if anything else is wrong and he can fix everything at one time. Good luck and as others have said, let us now the outcome. Hank
Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdayman View Post

Before Monday, I suggest you continue to inspect the trailer for any other issues. Here’s one checklist to use (Flyguy’s seems to have disappeared):
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf
Scott, The PDI has been moved to a "STICKY" in the "Keystone Questions" section of the forum. To give folks easier access to it. Hank
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Justvisiting2day

unhappy

Quote:
I just purchased a 2012 Passport 245RB and am very disappointed with the quality. This is my first NEW TT and I expected more. The used TT, MH, and popups were much better.

I have had it a week and this is what I have found so far:

The microwave does not work
Two of the windows only open about 8 inches then they bind up
One of the windows leaks
Water heater leaks
Slideout seal is coming apart
The TV has a dead pixel (Red Dot)

This is all before the first trip this weekend. I am taking it back to the dealer on Monday to see what their solution are.

I am embarrassed to say I just bought a Keystone Passport. What are the lemon laws in California?
Keystone has a 1 year unconditional .. If you treat your dealer right he should return the curtisy . I took ours down through your state on it's maiden run last May , after 1,000 miles we found about 15 items. Called for an appointment they put me in, and WALalla . The only thing that was not covered /fixed was a missing over the stove fan. The dealer said they would/could not install one. Keystone "could not "give me the areas that a metal brace was, so I cut in and installed my own stove fan.
Good Luck but take it easy on the dealer ,,UNtil they say get out. Come to POrtland and get it fixed.
Cheers and happy camping
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
tap3230

Hang in there! I have had 2 TT and both have had issues ( different manufactures) its not unusual at all the experience some broken or missing parts - not that it makes it ok! But in my case and in most you bring it back and the dealer will repair no problem. Each time I took mine out I did a very through inspection and took note - brought it back and all was repaired. Make sure to do this often during the first year to make good use of the warranty.
tap3230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
azlee56

unhappy owner

did you buy it as new or used. We just got a 08 Montana and the sales person told me I had 30 days to get things done, but at the signing I read something that said 15 days. If I hadn't been paying attention, it would have sucked! They got the thing to fix in a record 10 days after two outings and gladly fixed stuff. I finally got my dvd remote and figured it out....now to figure out the wireless remote to everything on the ark.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lemon, lemon law, passport