Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
xrated

A Couple of Shout Outs......

I have been in the process of installing a second A/C unit on my Impact Toy Hauler. Some of the instructions for the install from Dometic are somewhat vauge and I needed an answer. Enter our very own forum member....Chuckster57, the man with a plan and more importantly, experience and know how. Thank you Sir!

Next is a shout out to PPL Motorhome, where I purchased my A/C equipment....thermostat and control box, ADB, and actual A/C unit. The first unit arrived from them damaged from the factory...not by the shipper. They sent out a FedEx truck to pick it up AND shipped the new unit the same day....in other words before they got the damaged one back. Yesterday, as I was finishing up the install and was putting the Air Distribution Box up, I noticed that the unit had been cut on (read ...damaged). Apparently, someone else had purchased it, butchered it up a bit, and returned it for new. They must not have noticed it, and sold it to me in my original purchase. I emailed PPL yesterday evening (Sunday), and was hoping for a response this morning after they opened....and is got one very promptly. They are sending me another ADB TODAY.

The example above ^^^^^ even with the issues that I encountered, show that PPL Motorhomes is very willing to provide EXCELLENT customer service when something(s) go wrong. Mistakes happen with any company, but the thing that sets them apart is how they deal with issues when something goes wrong. In my one experience with PPL, I couldn't be happier with their level of commitment to making a satisfied customer.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

If you do some price shopping on A/C units (I HAVE!), you will note that while PPLmotorhomes.com is competitve, they are not the cheapest. A couple other RV parts
places beat them by a few bucks. Take the time to look at the BBB ratings for these places and independent reviews of these businesses. Some are just absolutely scary! I bought my 15K BTU Brisk II from PPL motor homes. Ordered in the afternoon and received it the next day. (I live west of San Antonio in Medina County and PPL is in Houston). The cover had a crack; couldn't figure out why since the box and packing were in perfect shape. I called PPL to ask what to do and was 17th in line so hung up and just used the cover. The old was cracked for years as well and it doesn't affect function and you can't see the crack from the ground. While they are fast, phone support isn't.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
If you do some price shopping on A/C units (I HAVE!), you will note that while PPLmotorhomes.com is competitve, they are not the cheapest. A couple other RV parts
places beat them by a few bucks. Take the time to look at the BBB ratings for these places and independent reviews of these businesses. Some are just absolutely scary! I bought my 15K BTU Brisk II from PPL motor homes. Ordered in the afternoon and received it the next day. (I live west of San Antonio in Medina County and PPL is in Houston). The cover had a crack; couldn't figure out why since the box and packing were in perfect shape. I called PPL to ask what to do and was 17th in line so hung up and just used the cover. The old was cracked for years as well and it doesn't affect function and you can't see the crack from the ground. While they are fast, phone support isn't.
I would agree that their phone system needs work.....can you say wait for a while, but when I did get through and got a customer service rep, she contacted me via email with the info about the return. I kept the email and this time (Sunday evening) I emailed her directly and had a response within 15 minutes of when they opened today. That is Good Customer Service in my opinion. I don't think I mentioned it in my previous post, but when I contacted them about returning the first unit that was damaged (the actual A/C unit), they didn't ask for pictures of the damage first, they didn't try to do the two-step.....they didn't do anything except get a call ticket ready and have a Fedex truck at my house the very next day. Boom!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote