Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Whitejack

Campgrounds at Estes Park CO

Any experiences, good or bad on the campgrounds in and around Estes Park?
We have already made reservations at Jellystone. We stay regularly at the Jellystone campground in Van Buren, MO. and the kids love it.
Any advice would be appreciated
Whitejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
Jim W

My DW and I are going this Aug to Estes Park Co. The last time we were there we stayed in "Rocky Mountain Park" with a pop-up and boondocked with our kids. We now have a 5er and are staying at Elk Meadow Lodge and RV Resort with full Hook-ups. I picked this park by using "RV Park Reviews" and this park seem to have favorable reviews. I have attached the link for your use.
http://www.campgroundreviews.com/
Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
Outbackmel

RV Park Reviews

I rely on actual experiences through this site as an excellent guide in decision making. It's free. Please take a few minutes and post your experiences.

Between RV Park Reviews; Good Sam and Woodall's...like 80% satisfaction.

Also, camper's frequently post where NOT to select a spot. (ie, road noise; near park models, etc. Also info on condition of site; level, ez hook up etc.)

Information allows each of us to make an "informed" choice.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
gkainz

Google maps (satellite view) / Google earth has made it very simple to get a birds' eye view of campgrounds now, to take a little of the "surprise" out of rolling into a new place. I've not camped there (since we're an hour away we make it a day trip usually). I've driven past Jellystone in Estes. Note that it's not "IN" RMNP, nor is it "IN" Estes Park, but it's not too far out of town. It is right on the road, but I recall it looked ok as we drove past. Of course, that's not a fair assessment at all.

We have camped at Mary's Lake (Estes Park) once long ago when the kids were little - it was pretty much an RV parking lot next to the lake. Not my kind of camping.

Again when the kids were little, we camped at Yogi Bear/Jellystone Park near Larkspur (Colorado Springs) and it was a great spot for a commercial campground, with lots of activities to keep the kids entertained, thankfully, as it poured the whole weekend.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Whitejack

Thanks for all the replies.
If anyone needs campground info in Missouri, I might be able to give you a personal opinion.
Whitejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
SpiderCO

Hey Whitejack-- We head to Jelly stone 2x/year for their themed weekends for the kids. Memorial Day and in late Sept for their Halloween weekend. The kids love it and we go with a group and it has become a great time. They're starting to raise prices too high, in my opinion, so those weekends may become a memory
SpiderCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
Mosnowman

Any campground suggestions around Columbia?
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
Whitejack

MOSNOWMAN,
We live south of Columbia!
The closest to Columbia we have camped is at INDIAN CREEK MARINA AND CG and THE LANDING.
The former is a Corps of Engineers camp ground and is very well kept with alot of mature, tall trees=Shade!
The latter is a private campground with a pool and play house for children.
Both are located on Mark twain lake, North and east of Columbia, about 1 1/2 hours. The Landing also has a water park and go-cart track.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
basehorhawk

How was Jellystone? We are planning a trip out to Estes Park next June and this is one of the places we are looking at. How large are the sites? We have a 30 foot 5'er, think we'd have any issues maneuvering around?

Thanks
basehorhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
old racer

Elk Meadow lodge RV resort is also a nice place to stay. Located right at the base of the mountains. Wake up in the mornings and enjoy the views. In the evenings, can watch the elk come down out of the hills. Located approx. 1 1/2 miles out of town.
old racer is offline   Reply With Quote