Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
Ram-Jam

Another air conditioning problem

Good afternoon everyone. My wife and I purchased a new 2018 Sprinter 33BH about a month ago. Never owned a camper before so after some prep time, wife buying more junk, we got it out last weekend for the first time. The first evening was cool so only ran the fan on high and it did a nice job of keeping the camper cool. The next day I wanted to get a jump start on keeping it cool and put it to high auto and set the thermostat to 70. Internal temp was 75, external was 82. It never cooled and the day didn't get much warmer so I didn't worry much about it. We were hooked into 50 amp service.

Last night I got to thinking about it and started to dig into manuals etc to figure out what was up. I have it plugged in at home on a 20 amp dedicated breaker. Went out and turned it on high cool to see if it would work. After 2+ hours of running it didn't cool at all. External and internal temps were the same, 84 degrees. I switched between fan and cool and seems as though there is no attempt from the compressor to turn on. Is there something my dealer neglected to activate before I picked it up or is it a bunk ac from the factory? Coleman Mach/Airxcel 4800 series unit.

Thanks in advance!
Ram-Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Tbos

You might have a bad AC. If your thermostat is set to Cool and your AC isn’t cooling there is definitely a problem with the System. Contact your dealer since you are still under warranty.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:15 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
I have it plugged into a 20A dedicated service
Plugged in you will have amp draw from the converter, and minor draw from 110V appliances. I suspect your compressor is trying and can’t. Continued attempts will cause permanent damage.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote