Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
slow

Propane Manifold - Today's Project

This project started out as the purchase of a propane tank Tee that would allow the use of a hose with a 1"- 20 fitting for our high pressure inlet outdoor stove with regulator. This way we could use our TT's 20 lb propane tank instead of disposable 1 lb propane cylinders.

Turns out that I was unable to find a Tee that would allow easy access to the Tee's 1"- 20 fitting thru the propane cover top access hatch. So I decided to plumb the Tee to a manifold with two 1"- 20 connectors outside the propane cover. This is what I came up with using standard brass fittings (1 extruded T, 2 elbows and an adapter as an extension) and a 6 foot propane hose all with 1/4 NPT ends:

Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
GaryWT

Looks good and it is nice not having to carry the little tanks. We were lucky enough to have a quick connect off the main line on the trailer so I was able to T off that so both the grill and stove can be connected outside.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Looks good and it is nice not having to carry the little tanks. We were lucky enough to have a quick connect off the main line on the trailer so I was able to T off that so both the grill and stove can be connected outside.
That is what I did too.

Picked up a 10 foot hose and some quick connect fittings from Amazon and converted my Weber Q over.

-Brian
Old 05-18-2016, 02:43 AM   #4
slow

I too considered putting a Tee on the low pressure propane line on the back of our TT. But the way it terminates, made it difficult and I had no luck getting our coleman stove to work off the low pressure line (even with its own regulator removed).

The manifold I installed is high pressure so it can supply the portable stove and in the future, a weber or other high pressure fed BBQ.
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 05-18-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
canesfan

Nice!! Do you have a parts list by any chance? I want to do something like that for my Weber. I have a couple extend a stay hoses but would need to figure what parts I need to connect everything together permanently, before the RV regulator.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #6
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Nice!! Do you have a parts list by any chance? I want to do something like that for my Weber. I have a couple extend a stay hoses but would need to figure what parts I need to connect everything together permanently, before the RV regulator.

The Tee I used at the TT tank is a Camco 59143 RV Branch 90 Tee with 3 ports & 12 foot extension hose available from Amazon. I removed the 1/4 NPT plug at the end of the Tee and attached a 6 foot long propane hose that has a 1/4 MPT end. The opposite end of the hose has a 1/4 FPT end that attaches to the "manifold".

The manifold parts I used were:

Note that I used one 116-B and one 112-B since my local Fairview supplier was out of stock of 90 degree 1/4 MPT x 1/4 MPT elbows.

Also note that 120-BB was used to space the two 1"-20 adapters apart and two 2096 adapters were used but only one listed since I had one already.

Here is the link to the Fairview site: http://www.fairviewfittings.com/prod...-fittings.html
Use the search function in the top right corner to get details for each component.

I ordered the caps from Amazon / Mr Heater.

High pressure gas sealant was applied to all joints and then leak tested with soap water.

RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 05-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #7
slow

I completed phase 2 today which consisted of assembling a quick connect to the low pressure side of a BBQ regulator and installing a 1"-20 adapter to the high pressure (inlet) side of the regulator. This allows me to also hook up my Aussie BBQ supplied with the TT to my high pressure manifold. (Otherwise the BBQ would be at the back of the trailer and the stove at the front.)

The parts I used including another 12' hose from Fairview are:

Note that I used the quick disconnect from the 3' hose supplied with the Aussie BBQ.

I am now set up to run both my Coleman stove and Aussie BBQ with propane off the TT propane tank.
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 06-04-2016, 07:25 AM   #8
Joecycle12

Very nice and a clean job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joecycle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #9
canesfan

Thank you so much for the parts list and detailed explanation. This has been high on my list but everytime I start to think about what I need to accomplish it I get frustrated because there seem to be so many similar fittings and I don't have a local LP place where I can go talk to them about what I want to do and what I need to do it.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #10
canesfan

Question - can you connect 2 of those 12' hoses together? It seems like that is as long as they come, is there a (safety) reason for that? I tend to set my grill on the provided picnic table and depending upon where on the trailer I end up mounting the connection I'll probably not be within 12' of the table most of the time.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #11
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Question - can you connect 2 of those 12' hoses together? It seems like that is as long as they come, is there a (safety) reason for that? I tend to set my grill on the provided picnic table and depending upon where on the trailer I end up mounting the connection I'll probably not be within 12' of the table most of the time.

Yes you can connect hoses end to end. They are also available in 5 and 6 foot lengths if two 12 foot are not required.

I find 12 foot to work well for us since I position the end of the table so the table top bbq is not under the awning.

RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 06-05-2016, 06:31 AM   #12
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
Yes you can connect hoses end to end. They are also available in 5 and 6 foot lengths if two 12 foot are not required.

I find 12 foot to work well for us since I position the end of the table so the table top bbq is not under the awning.

Ok, thanks. I find most picnic tables these days are so heavy they're almost impossible to move alone and I tend to be alone more often than not. But if I can move the table I do what you do.

I have 2 12' hoses and a tee similar to what you used. Unfortunately one of the hoses has what I think is called a POL connection on one end. It's the part that would screw inside the tank valve as opposed to the Acme connection that screws to the outside. Guess it's time for another hose. Excited to do this project.