Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
jnjmiller

Question 2011 Bullet 246RBS

We've just spent our first week on the road in the new trailer. Excellent floor plan! Tows very nicely behind our 2003 F-150 5.4L. Two problems.

First, the 1 1/2" white spa tubing that connected the kitchen sink ABS drain in the slide-out to the aft ABS pipe leading to the gray water tank was too stiff. Also, I suspect that the aft tubing adapter was over-torqued in the female slip-to-female thread thread coupler. The coupler broke. I sawed off the broken coupler, went to Home Depot, acquired a new coupler and the more pliable blue spa tubing, glued the new coupler on the remaining 1 1/2" ABS pipe stub and installed the new tubing. Not an easy job, but OK so far.

The other problem is that the Dometic DuoTherm A/C compressor runs quite a bit without the fan running. Is this a sticky relay problem? I can't find any guidance on this issue.
jnjmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
wgb1

We just purchased the same trailer about 3 months ago and love the floor plan as well. Its perfect for us. I haven't noticed any issues with the plumbing but would like to know more about your problem. Exactly where was the issue at? Under the sink? I would like to keep an eye out on our unit.

As far as the air, I can't help you there. I don't think we have had any issues although it does run a good bit. Then again, its been even hotter than H. E. double hockey sticks here in Texas. I have noticed the unit running for a while, then cut off, only to almost immediately come on again within a few seconds. I have been curious about that.

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
wgb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
jnjmiller

We're in Wyoming, escaping the heat at home in San Antonio! It's pretty warm here, too, though. In fact, it's hot all the way up US 87.

If you use a Phillips screwdriver to pull the bottom panel off below the oven, you'll see the electrical and plumbing connections that flex as the slide goes in and out. The large (1 1/2"), white drain tube was the problem. The rigid ABS pipe coupler broke off where the drain goes through the wall into the bathroom area and below the wardrobe.

Our A/C does that on-off-on thing, too. But also we hear the compressor running without the fan.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
wgb1

I suspected you were referring to the panel below the oven, but wasn't quite sure. I will check it out. Thanks. I really haven't noticed the compressor running without the fan, but will pay closer attention now that I know. Maybe I was too ignorant to notice that. There are some things I can tell you a volume of info about (generally meaningless trivia), but when it comes to electrical and its components, then pppffffffff....... I can forget about.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
gottago

we have a passport 245rb with same issue. the kitchen drain pipe was solid black abs type pipe, not flex hose and glued at all connections. we would open the slide which has the kitchen sink, and 'pop' snap' the pipe came disconnected - luckily it didn't snap the sink. we didn't understand the issue at first. first time we used the sink, water on the floor. opened the panel to find the disconnected drain. re-attached it and used it. everything great. close the slide to go home and 'pop' 'snap' the pipe came off again. again we were lucky it didn't break the sink. asked around at a few dealerships and only reccomendation was the blue spa hose you reference. substituted the length of black abs for blue spa hose and no more leaks. i think the tech was sleeping that day. otherwise trailer has been excellent.
gottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
wgb1

I pulled the panel off and looked over the lines in my TT, but did not notice any issues. Now you have me wondering if I should remove the panel and watch the lines as the slide is being worked in and out.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Old 08-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
jnjmiller

Panels

I have kept the panels off so that I can watch the spa hose. So far, so good; we're now in the Black Hills area. We have a bundle of plastic grocery bags as a temporary support under the blue spa hose. I'll re-engineer the support when we get home. The far left panel is tacked in: the one closest to the bathroom wall. I pried it loose gently and will re-attach it with screws at home.

Solid pipe on a slide-out??? Someone must have been hung over when they put that in!

Tags
246rbs, broken sink drain, compressor runs w/o fan, nice trailer!