Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
gkcb

purchasing Alpine 3590rs

Hello, I joined this form for general information and to ask if anyone has experience with this particular unit. After 4 years with our 2010 Cougar we decided to trade for another 5w due to wanting a larger refrigerator and wanting to have a washer/dryer.

We looked at several other 5th wheel options but decided on this one due to several things:
1. we love our Cougar! so like the idea of another Keystone product.
2. our great offer on the Alpine was from the same dealer and they have always been helpful in the past. Plus they are giving us a lot more for our trade in.
3. this floor plan really appeals to me.

I'm wondering about having the washer/dryer combo in the slide out area and wondering if that is ever an issue. Dealing with moving parts and connections etc....

I'm also wondering about the drop down tv units (2 in this unit). How do you connect the satellite wires etc. Maybe this will be different but the Winegard Pathway satellite we have will not connect to the outlet on our current 5w, rather we have to come through the window and connect directly to the tv.

You would think we would know this but we have not actually done a walk through yet or seen one of these 2015 Alpine 3590rs units in person. We have spoken on the phone several times to our dealer. They are in our home state and we have been in Colorado for the summer. Going back this week to do the trade. They assured us that they are getting it all ready for us including have the w/d combo in place etc....but we are not yet married to this deal so not too late to get feedback.

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts on this particular unit or about having the washer/dryer int he slide. Also the fridge will be in the slide on this one and we do not have that in our current unit. Seems like a lot of weight but I guess they have been doing this for awhile now.
gkcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
bsmith0404

I don't have your particular model so I can't speak on the W/D combo. As for the satellite connections, there is a connection in your utility bay (same place as your water connection and dump valves) for connecting cable and satellite. I have only used the cable port, but assume the satellite will be the same. Just connect and change the settings on your TVs for which input you are using and you should be good. As for the drop down, there is A LOT of room inside the cabinets for connections, but you shouldn't need to worry about that.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
dizndenver

Alpine 3590RS?

I am assuming you went ahead with the Alpine 3590RS. How are things going with it? Any major issues? We just placed an order for one, as an ordered in unit since we went ahead with the Dual Pane Windows and the Onan LP Generator. We are expecting delivery end of May or in June. We are very excited with this layout, etc. How about you?
dizndenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:10 AM   #4
Scttw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I don't have your particular model so I can't speak on the W/D combo. As for the satellite connections, there is a connection in your utility bay (same place as your water connection and dump valves) for connecting cable and satellite. I have only used the cable port, but assume the satellite will be the same. Just connect and change the settings on your TVs for which input you are using and you should be good. As for the drop down, there is A LOT of room inside the cabinets for connections, but you shouldn't need to worry about that.
I only use the satellite port on mine - so I guess we know they BOTH work fine

Different model but same utility room. The cable and Satellite piggy back from room to room so it takes a few combinations to get it figured out.
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
gkcb

We did buy thus unit! Thanks for the feedback, we have been at some places without good WiFi but just upgraded my phone so I can access this site.
We love it!!! The floor plan is the best for us. Like having his and hers closets. The splindide washer/dryer is doing fine. Just takes time and I do have to press some things...but it's all been good.
we have the Pathway x 2 satellite and it won't connect in the bay but it works fine with a window strip.
otherwise, we did have a couple of small warranty jobs done and this spring when we get back near our dealer they are changing out the door. That was the only major issue we have had. It was apparently not right from the factory but we didn't know until about a month after we had it that it wasn't locking from the inside! If we had the same decision to make over we would buy this same unit. It's HOME!
gkcb is offline   Reply With Quote