Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #21
Jlwright

I really like the size of these mirrors. I may have to reconsider.
Jlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #22
tirnanah

I use these on my 2009 GMC Sierra towing our 323BH... I love them. Extend far enough to have good sight lines down both sides of the trailer and look "stock" on the truck. You could very easily get them painted to match. Wife had me leave ours black to offset the white truck.

Power fold becomes power extend when the button is pressed...

http://www.powervisionmirrors.com/

Great customer service too. Somehow I managed to order the wrong mirror (none power extending) and got their kit for adding a switch to the truck. My wife said under no circumstances was I going to cut holes in her truck, so I called the company expecting to have to pay to send them back then pay again to have them send me the right ones. The person said no problem, sent me the correct harness to make the mirror right at no charge...
tirnanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #23
Jlwright

Very nice mirrors. Hadn't seen those. I will probably go with an inexpensive set to start with. Having just bought our new camper we have a lot of things to buy.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:20 AM   #24
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirnanah View Post
I use these on my 2009 GMC Sierra towing our 323BH... I love them. Extend far enough to have good sight lines down both sides of the trailer and look "stock" on the truck. You could very easily get them painted to match. Wife had me leave ours black to offset the white truck.

Power fold becomes power extend when the button is pressed...

http://www.powervisionmirrors.com/

Great customer service too. Somehow I managed to order the wrong mirror (none power extending) and got their kit for adding a switch to the truck. My wife said under no circumstances was I going to cut holes in her truck, so I called the company expecting to have to pay to send them back then pay again to have them send me the right ones. The person said no problem, sent me the correct harness to make the mirror right at no charge...
I had not seen these as well! Were they expensive for a set? My power fold doesn't work right anyways on the passenger side so I might be down for a replacement. I tried pulling off and fixing it, but it appeared to me that you have to "break" it to fix it, and I wasn't down for that on that particular day lol.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #25
GaryWT

I had mentioned the CIPA mirrors earlier and used them for 3 years on my F-150. Mine had black mirrors and the black CIPA fit so good and worked well, actually forgot to take them off half the time.

That said, I currently have electric extending mirrors with electric folding on my F350 and I do not think I will ever have a truck without this type of mirror again.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
I had not seen these as well! Were they expensive for a set? My power fold doesn't work right anyways on the passenger side so I might be down for a replacement. I tried pulling off and fixing it, but it appeared to me that you have to "break" it to fix it, and I wasn't down for that on that particular day lol.
Based on the pricing at the website, mirrors for your Tahoe would be between $465 and $599, depending on the specific model.

In the post following yours, a member discusses the CIPA mirror set for his tow vehicle. They price out at about $50 per set.

I suppose it really depends on what you call "expensive" ???

If your mirror is broken and won't "power fold" have you considered checking at the local auto salvage? Usually less than $100 for a replacement. Or possibly a replacement from your local GM dealership? That would likely be cheaper than buying a $500 set of replacement "after market" mirrors.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #27
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Based on the pricing at the website, mirrors for your Tahoe would be between $465 and $599, depending on the specific model.

In the post following yours, a member discusses the CIPA mirror set for his tow vehicle. They price out at about $50 per set.

I suppose it really depends on what you call "expensive" ???

If your mirror is broken and won't "power fold" have you considered checking at the local auto salvage? Usually less than $100 for a replacement. Or possibly a replacement from your local GM dealership? That would likely be cheaper than buying a $500 set of replacement "after market" mirrors.

Thanks for the info!

I haven't checked in awhile with the local salvage place. Last time I checked was on eBay and I recall not wanting to spend the amount to replace the one....my luck is I replace one side and the other goes bad. But $500 a set is a bit on the steep side.

I actually already have the cipa slip on's for my truck and I do like them. For me the power folding would be nice if it worked, but its not imperative. It would just be easier to get in/out of the garage, especially if I had my cipa's on getting ready for a trip.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #28
Agro

You still in the market? I have two of these almost new. Bought 11/14.

I got a new f150 with Max tow that I didnt have before so dont need these mirrors...

$25 shipped for 2.
http://www.etrailer.com/Mirrors/K-Source/KS3891.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Agro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #29
Jlwright

Sending you a message.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:56 AM   #30
Quiroule

I have these and they work great.

http://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Towin...eid=2010308313

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiroule View Post
The cost at ETrailer.com for the CIPA 11800 mirror set is $75.90. Shipping is an additional $14.00. The same CIPA 11800 mirror set is available at Amazon.com for $34.26 with free shipping for Prime members.

It pays to shop around !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #32
Quiroule

Big difference, I did not look at price as I just wanted to show the model. I bought mine in 2010, can’t remember exactly where.

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:13 AM   #33
Larry1013

My 2 cents.

I had a set of CIPA mirrors on a 96 F350 and they vibrated so badly I took them off. I tried clamping them differently but to no avail. They are what they are, cheap. Fortunately what I was towing at the time was a 32' travel trailer and could use the regular outside mirrors and the rearview mirror to judge when I could safely around the other vehicle.

Bite the bullet and get some decent mirrors up front and not waste time nor money with the clip on's.

JMHO is all this is.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:55 AM   #34
LarryL

clip on

I tried the clip on mirrors,didn't think you could see that much more
then the mirrors on the truck. I bought a rear view camera,mounted
on the back of the trailer works great day or night.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:29 AM   #35
dwayneb236

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletOwner1 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Fit-System-818...nder+ford+f150

I have these extensions for my 2012 F150. I really like these compared to the strap on kind. Easy on/off, fold with the mirror, cutouts for the lights, almost no vibration.
These are what I had before I got my new truck with the electric extendables. They worked really well. Now I need to sell them someday.
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote