Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Remote Issues - Cougar High Country

I had an issue with my remote where it stopped activating many of the accessories; slides/stabilizers/awning. It still turned on and would turn the front landing lights on/off. The dealership advised me to contact Lippert to see what they said. I contacted them and they suggested I go thru the synching process before taking it in for warranty repair. I went thru the process but it didn't do anything. I did it again and still no luck. I contacted Lippert again, explained what I'd done, and they told me to take it to the dealership. Today I was advised that they "re-synched" the remote and everything worked but that it was not under warranty. I contacted Lippert as the dealership told me to do and they said they did not refuse it. I contacted Keystone a few moments ago and they did decline the warranty because it was not a "defect". To me, if it stops working on its own, cannot be re-synched with the assistance of the manufacturer and they advise you to take it in, it is then in fact, a defect. Keystone feels differently although I disagree . I do somewhat understand their position but.......

Anyway, this type of thing has been discussed on this forum before. Don't be expecting warranty coverage on everything just because it is within the 12 month timeframe. For me it's more about priciple, but that, and a dollar will get you a 1/2 cup of coffee
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Brantlaker

Did you bring it back to the Dealer that you bought it from? If you did than that Service Manager is just plain stupid to charge you, it is just good Customer Service not to charge you for something like that.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I did. I thought it was silly as well. After I talked to all the folks I sent an email to the service manager this evening and copied the GM at CW. The GM sent the service manager an email copying me and told him to give me a break. I can't believe it ever went through all of this.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote