Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
Jeff and Rita

Customer Service Stinks.......

We just bought a Fuzion 310 in Feb. noticed that the Awning threads were coming unseamed. The Fuzion has been at the dealer since May 27th. getting other warranty issues addressed. The Awning was approved by Keystone for replacement and ordered on June 12th. The dealer is telling me now that he is having trouble with Keystone approving the right p/n to complete the order..... I AM SORRY BUT YOU CAN NOT JUST EMAIL SOMEONE ONCE A WEEK AND GET ANSWERS. You need to press them daily if needed.
I think that Keystone and the Dealer does not have a clue what Customer Service is suppose to be....This is not the first Issue with the Dealer....
Jeff and Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
outwest

One of the things that really irritates me is that the trailer can spend a large part of the warranty period in the shop and they don't extend the warranty for the time it was out of service. Ours was in the shop for over 5 months.

To top it off, the last time it was in the shop we dropped it off 10 days before the 1 year warranty was up. Then we got a call a few weeks later saying they couldn't cover stuff because it was past the warranty period. Um, it was delivered to the dealer for those issues BEFORE the warranty was up! The fact it sat in their lot until after the 1yr was up isn't our fault.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
Bob Landry

I would talk to Keystone and find out what is being done and what is approved or disapproved and why. If not, it could very easily turn into a he said she said and go nowhere. I'm not a fan or supporter of Keystone's customer no-service, but this one sounds like the dealer may be blowing smoke..

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
homer3

I have to agree with allot of the comments on this forum. Yes this forum is ideally a good place for all of us to go to and find/read others improvements/modifications they have made to the RV's, as well as to share information on various sites/stores for purchasing great after market upgrades etc for all of RV's. Unfortunately all of us have complaints and as some of the senior/super moderators have said why do we use this forum to air our complaints/concerns with dealerships or Keystone itself, I find this helpful information as well. Keep up the feedback, Good and the bad. It helps us all in different ways.

John
Now Retired (At Last) Long Time Coming
Soon to be retired after 41 years with DOD
2006 Duramax Silverado 2500HD
2013 327 RES Cougar
homer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer3 View Post
Unfortunately all of us have complaints and as some of the senior/super moderators have said why do we use this forum to air our complaints/concerns with dealerships or Keystone itself, I find this helpful information as well. Keep up the feedback, Good and the bad. It helps us all in different ways.
John -
Some of our newer members who have a problem and use the forum to air their "complaints" may think that, by doing so, someone at Keystone will see their post, be made aware of the problem and perhaps act on it. Or the new member may think that we have Keystone employees or members who relay our concerns and problems onto Customer Service. In these cases, the Moderator may have pointed this out and suggested that the best route would be to deal directly with the Keystone dealership or with Keystone.

I don't believe that there is any intent to stifle or deflect our members' problems and not to air them on the forum. The question then becomes what is the best way to deal with the issue. You are right - many of us do have problems and the forum does provide a sounding board for our members to tell us what they are. It's just that "we" - the Keystone Forum - don't have any influence with Keystone or their dealerships in solving them.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #6
Brantlaker

There was a article in Businessweek Magazine a few years ago about this subject and the findings were that the the parent holding company (in this case Thor) will have programs scanning the Net looking for keywords to find out what is going on with their products. Some like Ford even have people active in forums and message boards. But mostly they are Lurkers. In this day and age they need to know what is going on and what people are thinking about their products and services. If a person really wants to get some ones attention about a Keystone or any other RV Mfg. Go on the Good Sam Forum to Dear Marcus he has been known to get things done even if you did not buy from Camping World.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:32 AM   #7
Jeff and Rita

I don't think that anyone on this website works or has any influence on this website that could or would help. I was merely voicing the issues that I have been having. Know different than anyone else. I did not think that if I am a new so called member or a Senior that it would make a difference. I joined and read most posts to educate and learn from others who have experienced good and bad in the RV World. I am not trying to stifle or deflect members......
Old 07-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #8
antiqfreq

I really don't think Festus2 meant to say anything other than we want the members to realize that we are not affiliated with the Keystone company and they evidently do not monitor our web site (that we know of).

Please keep us informed of your progress with any concerns about your RV
and let us know if you have complaints and/or kudos for the dealer in the end.

Best of luck,

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #9
Brantlaker

My feeling is that after some new members Vent their frustrations with Keystone which is good. They listen, learn and join in with their experiences while camping.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer3 View Post
I have to agree with allot of the comments on this forum. Yes this forum is ideally a good place for all of us to go to and find/read others improvements/modifications they have made to the RV's, as well as to share information on various sites/stores for purchasing great after market upgrades etc for all of RV's. Unfortunately all of us have complaints and as some of the senior/super moderators have said why do we use this forum to air our complaints/concerns with dealerships or Keystone itself, I find this helpful information as well. Keep up the feedback, Good and the bad. It helps us all in different ways.
It is likely that you are talking about me when you make this statement. I agree with you that expressing concerns about dealer or factory issues is one of the better ways to bring those issues to the attention of other members of this forum and it often helps the poster to find solutions to his complaints. However, the forum is not to be used as a 'sounding board" for disgruntled owners who have an "axe to grind" with their dealership or with Keystone RV, Inc. The forum rules (which we all should have read) state: "2) repeated negative comments, trashing, or "attacks" on products, manufacturers, or organizations. Posts concerning problems or issues with products, manufacturers or organizations are acceptable and appropriate."

Often a new member (and even in a recent situation a 5 year member) will make statements such as "You build trashy trailers" or "You don't care about your customers." When that kind of statement is made or inferred, rather than leave it for others to "add fuel to the fire", I post the "disclaimer" that we aren't Keystone RV, Inc." and refer to the red disclaimer at the bottom of every webpage.

I understand that all RV's aren't troublefree and that some owners will have issues with their investment. They often use this forum as a "sounding board" to express their concern and quite often receive advice that will help them in resolving their problems. That is an appropriate use of the forum.

On the other hand, when someone expresses concern with their issues and it becomes a sounding board for other disgruntled members (and often people with no problems or completely unrelated problems) to "jump on a dealership" or "trash Keystone" with comments totally unrelated to the original poster's concerns, then that's simply inappropriate.

As an example, I recently deleted a post from a member (who shall remain anonymous) who posted that sitting around the campfire, he heard some people saying that a named dealership had bad service, so he posted that we should all avoid that dealership. He had no personal experience with the dealership and it was all "gossip" that he was posting. That boils down to "posting rumors" with no way to verify the source... That's not helpful to anyone and opens the forum to criticism from anyone who relies on factual data to make decisions.

Objective criticism, citing facts and accurate situations is an appropriate use of the forum. However, posting opinionated statements such as, "Keystone builds trash and doesn't care" or, "Yeah, mine leaks too, they are all garbage" offer no means to resolve the problem. Continued statements like these are what cause threads to deteriorate to "name calling" and those are inappropriate.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #11
Jeff and Rita

Talking

Update after having my Trailer for 6 weeks. I received a email today letting me know that the fabric was in Colorado and that it would not be until July 12th that it would be sewn for the awnings. Then another 5-7 business days before being sent to them. Do you think this has been in a timely matter? We are just going to get the trailer and drop it back off at a later date. I hope that all the other warranty issues was at least taking care of correctly. Looking forward to enjoying our Trailer.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

If the awning manufacturer is doing a "custom order" for your fabric, then yes, 6 to 8 weeks is not unusual. Try going to a marine upholstery shop this time of year and ask for a "rush job" to build a new bimini top for your boat. If you can get it done by November, that's a "rush".....

As for the other warranty items, unless you call the dealer and tell him that you're going to pick it up and want the rest of the stuff done, don't be surprised if he didn't verify the awning order and pull your RV to the back of the lot where it has sat "UNTOUCHED" until all of the parts are in stock. That's when they usually will pull it into the service bay and do the jobs at the same time.

Remember that handling your RV poses a certain risk that they will bump into something, or damage something as well as it takes time (which the dealer has to pay someone to shuffle your RV in and out of the service bay).... So, if he can move it once and do it all, he saves time, reduces risk and keep his service techs doing jobs that he has parts for...

I'd suggest you give him a call and discuss what's been done, what's left and see where he is with the other repairs. If you just show up to get your RV, you're probably going to be upset that nothing has been done since you dropped it off.

Good luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #13
Jeff and Rita

All the other work has been completed according to the dealer. We are in the process of making arrangements . I work out of the country and have only a few days before i go home.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #14
Jeff and Rita

Fuzion is coming home today.... excited plans are to return it when the awning fabric in delivered.