Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
Latviagirl

Stationary bikes and the kitchen table

HI all,
I am a newby to owning a 5ver and pick it up next week. We are wondering if anyone travels with a stationary bike in their 5ver? We are considering unbolting the kitchen table from the floor and turning it so that we can put the bike in the slide. Not knowing how much things move in the 5ver while traveling we are wondering if we can get some advice from you knowledgeable folks. Is this a stupid idea or doable? Thanks for the feedback and ideas. And the other reason we'd unbolt and move the table is because my husband is 6'8" and can't sit at the table where it currently sits, but if we were to turn it he could.
Kim

Full Timers. Hail from WA state
Construction Missionaries with Hard Hats for Christ
2006 Montana 3500rl
2003 Chevy 3500 Dually
Latviagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
canesfan

I don't see why not. You might want to find a way to secure it for travel though. Things do bounce around and each fifth wheel I've owned was different in how much things bounced around. Current one seems pretty good, last one not so much. Also depends on the roads you travel as to how much "bounce and shake" you experience. But I don't see any reason not to.