Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
bdaniel

Mor/ryde CRE3000 versus Dexter EZFlex

I have a new Cougar 2014 325SRX with the CRE3000 equalizer and the flimsy thin standard shackles. On my previous Copper Canyon I replaced the suspension with a Dexter EZFlex kit with wet bolts and bushings and was very pleased with it. I had several suspension problems on a previous Forest River Wildcat.

So I assumed I would just replace the CRE3000 with the Dexter kit. However the CRE3000 equalizer bolt spacing is just a little different from a standard cheap equalizer. I also did some research and it seams the CRE3000 uses bronze bushings and not plastic or nylon.

So I am thinking about just getting the wet bolt kit from Mor/Ryde and keeping the CRE3000 equalizer as it seems to be a quality product.

Has anyone done this? Any opinions?

The only sure thing is the cheap thin shackles have to go.

Thanks,
Bobby
bdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
concours

I started installing a set of XFACTOR cross bars and Morryde wet bolts last weekend and yes to my surprise the CRE3000 has bronze bushings, hope that if the weather clears this weekend the job will be done
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
lropka

Mor Ryde pinbox

Had relatively severe chunking on Cougar 27rls (8500lb wet)w/Chevy 2500 rig. Installed Mor Ryde with softest 03 "spring" and am pleased with performance for the price. Reduces chunk by about 80% with remaining motion much gentler.
lropka is offline   Reply With Quote