Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Cool Sink Upgrade Questions

My 2013 Raptor 300MP came with a non stainless steel kitchen sink, that was identified as stain resistant. Think it is a 60/40 sink. Well after some use we have noticed staining and would like to upgrade to a stainless steel one. Does anyone know the manufacture/model number of the sinks used, did not see any information on the sink. Has anyone upgraded their sinks? Are these sinks removable from under the sink or are they under the counter top and it needs to be removed first then the sink?

Thanks
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
bobbecky

I believe you may have Corian counter tops, and the sinks may also be Corian, which are bonded to the counter top. We have the same thing in our Montana and get stains. The stains are pretty easy to deal with, and per instructions on Corian web site, a green scrub pad and Soft Scrub (only on the sink, not the counter top), works very well. Just takes a little elbow grease once in a while and the sinks look like new.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
byrdr1

If you have to remove counter top, Dont!!!! It will be a PITA. I have done it. Everything is stapled to death. Counter top wasstapled to the cabinets. Then I had 6-8 clips/clamps that hold it (SINK) In place. If you can get to them that would be easier. I had to basically rebuild sliding drawers under the cabinet. Struggled to get the counter top back down on the cabinet. Wood glue, pin nails, screws, all used to secure it all. If you want to go this route good luck..

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Post Update Information

Thanks byrdr1 and bobbecky for your valuable information. After reading your information I thought I would try Keystone CS and see if they knew what was in my Raptor based on the VIN. Information was a little different than that received from the dealer at time of sale and from some previous after sale inquires. SURPRISE !!! I thought I would provide the latest information for others that may have issues/questions concerning Raptor Counter tops and/or Sinks. Here goes

bobbecky, according to Keystone, my Raptor did not have the corian counter tops. Representative claimed if it was corian tops the name would be stamped into the counter????? She claimed my counter top is Lite-Gran solid surface and the sink is made by American Stone Cast which appears to be a solid surface sink not sure what material? Which by their literature it seems to be repairable and cleanable to remove various levels of stains, Seems like some durable stuff!! Not cheap junk as I first thought.

byrdr1, bobbecky according to the sink literature the sink is bonded to the countertop from the underside. Not much room under there to even try to pry it off. So byrdr1 I agree do not try it!! Based on this latest information looks like durable stuff that can be cleaned and repaired if scratched and/or chipped. Cleaning instructions very similar to what you supplied byrdr1.

Also appears that Keystone used two different size sinks; solid surface 25X19X7 or Stainless Steel 27X16X7. Based on what I now know,I will stick with the solid surface sink which appears very durable for cleaning rather than consider an upgrade to Stainless Steel that I heard has its own issues.

Again Thanks Guys, hope this information will help others
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kitchen, raptor, sink, staining, stainless