Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
andy-g

Saniflush?

I am new to Keystone trailers, we just got Passport 2520RLWE, and yesterday when leaving campground, I tried to use saniflush. Connected water hose, turned water on, and... nothing - water was bursting through the the thread on the trailer wall. The only label there says to open flush valve. I assume - it is the one under the bottom? Opened it.
What am I missing?!
andy-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-g View Post
I am new to Keystone trailers, we just got Passport 2520RLWE, and yesterday when leaving campground, I tried to use saniflush. Connected water hose, turned water on, and... nothing - water was bursting through the the thread on the trailer wall. The only label there says to open flush valve. I assume - it is the one under the bottom? Opened it.
What am I missing?!
I've never seen water "burst through the thread on a trailer wall". Please explain what happened more fully. Thanks

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
andy-g

When I turned on water (to flush) - water was leaking from the hose connector on the trailer wall. Not just small leak, but streams of water. And I see that nothing goes down to sewer hose (I have a clear elbow there to check).

It feels like that there should be some other valve somewhere?

Label on the wall says:

"Caution Do not use the tank flush valve unless the fullway termination valve is in the open position. May result in an unsanitary condition leading to illness or personal injury."
I assume - fullway termination valve - it is the pullout handle for the black tank? Well, it was pulled out, and tank was empty at that moment (just dumped it)
Old 07-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
Tbos

Sounds like you have a blockage right at the hose connection.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
eds451

The vacuum breaker/check valve may be plugged/shot. They are made of cheap plastic. I just replaced mine (no flow) with a check valve from a big box store. My valve was just behind the hose bib on the wall.

Central Calif.
2010 Dodge 2500HD, 5.7 hemi
2007 Cougar 244rls
eds451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
MattHelm21

Can you check if there is a hose washer in the female trailer connector for the flush? I brought mine home and found when trying to winterize that there were no washers installed.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #7
Johnny's Journey

Subscribed because I have not used mine yet because of the many issues regarding this topic. I will be doing a full examination of the system before I even put a hose to it. And yes, as OP had asked and hasn't been answered. What exactly is Fullway Termination Valve ?
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #8
MattHelm21

Fullway Termination Valve:

"A valve that when fully opened has a non-fouling passageway not less than the inside diameter of connected piping"

That is the black water dump valve. Some folks may have two of them.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

What the OP may be referring to is what happened to us on our maiden voyage on our current trailer. When preparing to leave I went to use the black tank flush, hooked up the flush hose to the connection on the outside wall and all I got was water shooting out around the fixture the hose was screwed into. No water in the tank flush, just water all over me. Turned out to be a bad back flow preventer/vacuum break under the sink. If I understand your situation sounds like it might be the same thing.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #10
andy-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
What the OP may be referring to is what happened to us on our maiden voyage on our current trailer. When preparing to leave I went to use the black tank flush, hooked up the flush hose to the connection on the outside wall and all I got was water shooting out around the fixture the hose was screwed into. No water in the tank flush, just water all over me. Turned out to be a bad back flow preventer/vacuum break under the sink. If I understand your situation sounds like it might be the same thing.
Thats sounds exactly what we had! How did you fix it?
Old 07-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #11
canesfan

Three very good culprits have been identified:

1. Check valve behind screen in BT flush hose connection.

2. No washer in BT flush hose connection.

3. Defective anti siphon/vacuum breaker (may be up under bathroom sink or behind shower wall).

I think if it was #3 though that you would have water leaking from under the bathroom sink or behind the shower, not at the hose connection.

I don't have any of these problems (at the moment) and sometimes I still get water spraying out around the hose connection. They are cheap and finicky and unless you get them "just right" that can happen also.

I will also add #4. A bent/damaged end on your water hose.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #12
dblanch57

I would add #5 - Check valve installed backwards.

2020 Ford F250 Crewcab 4x4 6.2L
2017 Passport Elite 31RE
DW & Me
<+><
dblanch57 is offline   Reply With Quote