Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
JBauern

ATWOOD propane stove

good day. I have a ATWOOD 3 burner propane stove, model RV-1735BB. I pulled the top off, to clean around the burners, and also the area under the top. ( it is amazing what accumulates, living in a trailer full time. :P ) Anyway. What I was looking for , is there is something to put under the op to catch "junk", and make it easier to clean. I looked thru the owners manual, and I see where it says to not use foil in the oven, but did not see for under the range top. I see them for the top of the range, for under the grill portion, but nothing for under the whole top. Thanks in advance
JBauern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauern View Post
good day. I have a ATWOOD 3 burner propane stove, model RV-1735BB. I pulled the top off, to clean around the burners, and also the area under the top. ( it is amazing what accumulates, living in a trailer full time. [emoji14] ) Anyway. What I was looking for , is there is something to put under the op to catch "junk", and make it easier to clean. I looked thru the owners manual, and I see where it says to not use foil in the oven, but did not see for under the range top. I see them for the top of the range, for under the grill portion, but nothing for under the whole top. Thanks in advance
I purchased one of these to help keep things clean, although we haven't used the stove to cook anything yet since we usually cook over the campfire

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...edgewood/84143

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

I like that. We don't do much cooking inside either, but easy Peazy to clean it looks like.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
JBauern

Stove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I purchased one of these to help keep things clean, although we haven't used the stove to cook anything yet since we usually cook over the campfire

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...edgewood/84143

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Thanks. But this is all I have seen also, and this sits on TOP, under the grate. I was wondering about the area UNDER the black rangetop.
JBauern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauern View Post
Thanks. But this is all I have seen also, and this sits on TOP, under the grate. I was wondering about the area UNDER the black rangetop.
There's really nothing out there that I've seen to put underneath the stove top.
I've tried tinfoil but if you do have a boilover it doesn't help all that much. With everything that's under there it would be pretty hard to make something that would actually fit around everything and keep it clean.
I just find it easier to lift the top once every few weeks and clean things up.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't know of any accessory that you can purchase that would prevent spills under the rangetop. Next time ( I know, I know, it won't help "this time") Atwood does make an RA/CA version of their 3 burner range and cooktop that is a sealed burner construction. They aren't used very often by RV manufacturers because they do cost more (cut into profit margins) but they are available and do solve the problem.
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/...ePartsList.pdf

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane