Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
sptddog

Leaking Hydraulic Fluid

I have a Fuzion 342. We just uncovered and opened her up today for next weekend's camping trip. Everything operated normally, though I noticed that my hydraulic fluid was getting low and that at first, the leveling system couldn't get moving. It finally did - auto-leveled and put the slides out.

Was checking and adding air to the tires on the kitchen side (curb side) of the camper. Noticed a wet spot on the ground about 5 inches in diameter - and clear hydraulic fluid dripping - but with the enclosed underbelly I couldn't really see where from. It's about halfway between the front axle tire and the middle leveling jack. It isn't the jack unless it's a hose going from that jack to the rear jack.

So, obviously I'll call the dealer, but some questions....can I continue to use (I'm sure the dealer won't get me in this week) as long as I ensure that the fluid doesn't get too low to operate the system? It's obviously a pretty good leak, so will it leak all the time now, or just when the slide is out? I believe it's the slide and not the jack, but I can't really tell). I don't know that I've ever noticed it leaking before in a puddle, but I did notice that my resevoir was getting low at the end of last season.

My only other interesting note is that I thought the camper looked un-level all winter. Like the front landing gear jack on one side was different than the other. So...that also make me think that if there is a leak, could that have something to do with it? Weirdly though, the leak is not at the front.

Inputs, thoughts appreciated...just particularly wondering if I should cancel next weekend. I have no desire to get stuck at a campground with slides out or jacks down and have to figure out the manual process.

I was tempted to see if I could find a mobile RV guy in our area, but that scares me more than the dealer.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote