Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #1
rbm830

Sterero i-pod cable for RV5090 radio

Does anyone know what cable is needed for the i-pod to hook up on the rear of the RV5090 Linear Series model. the manual shows a special cable. this is for a Couger Xlite fifth wheel, 2014 28sgs
rbm830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
vampress_me

Just got out my manual to look at it. We have the same Linear radio. First idea is if your iPod has bluetooth, connect it that way. Easy to do, no cables needed. Second, use the iPod cable (Lightning or old connector, whichever you have) that has the USB end and plug the USB end into the USB input on front of the radio in the lower left corner. That way you don't have to take out the radio and have a cable dangling from the back when not in use. For the picture on page 29 of the manual, it looks to me like the cable from the back of the radio is already there, you just have to supply the iPod/USB cable (what is labeled as optional in the picture) to plug into the one attached to the radio, same as for using the USB input on the front of the radio.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote