Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2017, 04:39 AM   #1
RckyMtnDry

2017 Passport slideout gasket issue

First camping trip with new Passport.

Packing up after awesome backcountry trip in the Rockies I retracted slideouts and heard the proverbial "snap, crackle, and pop". Not to concerned, read about that in other posts in forum.
Made it home and bath time for trailer. Fully extended slideouts and when washing gaskets noticed some white, sticky goo and very outer edge of gaskets. Got ladder to clean top of slide and sadly the top "inside seal" had torn off and was laying on roof of slide out.. inspected that seal and had same white sticky goo along outer edge. It was caulking. Went inside and noticed the seal staples that hold it to inner wall had completely pulled out except for very ends.
It appears to me when the slide out was extended the top seal did not fold out and when fully extended the outer edge of seal came in contact with the caulking that they used to seal roofing material and the edge assembly.
I called the dealership service and have appointment this Friday morning, gads, that's tomorrow. Anyway, has this happened to anyone, and should the repairs be covered under warranty?
RckyMtnDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If the trailer is still in warranty, then yes, it should be a covered repair. If I had to guess, I'd say that the slide roof was sealed at the factory and then pulled in for transport while the DICOR was still tacky (or it sat in the sun and "baked the DICOR" into the seal. You opened the slide, it pulled the seal with it and once you were home, discovered the issue. It may have been like that "all along" or it may have been "sticking and pulling a little at a time" until it finally was enough to notice.

Whatever the cause, as long as you didn't intentionally do anything to destroy it, it should be a warranty item.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, passport, slide, slideout