Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #21
hankaye

Howdy All;

Did a small search and found this place that sells quite a few different
seals. Perhaps one of these 'profiles' will work'
http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/sh...?GroupID=60592

I can not figure out why all of yours are failing, mine works fine and has for almost 6 years of fulltiming (knock on wood).

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #22
tdawg

I might have figured out why they fail. The seal is offset when it's in the track it slides into on bottom of the door. Mine the seal was offset that when the door closed the seal rode up and over the aluminum door frame causing it to tear prematurely. So when I installed the new seal I turned the seal so the offset when door was closed it just contacted frame and didn't go over the frame when closing. No leaks with it this way.
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #23
vampress_me

Coming in late, but here's what I ordered and used last summer to fix our shower door sweep/ seal. It worked perfectly, just had to cut to length.

https://www.amazon.com/Two-Pronged-S...oor+seal+sweep

If you do a search for shower door seal on the forum, the posts come up where others were looking for a seal to use too and where I found this one.

My fun was when I tried to get the top one off to use for the torn bottom one, that one tore along the crease in it too. Arg! And for some reason when the kids would shower they managed to get water on the floor if the sweep wasn't there. So I had to find a new one.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #24
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Thanks looks like it, Not greatest angle on pictures. Looked local for a sweep found all types around $4 of course not right ones. Looks like all other sites run about same cost $18 +/- $2 with shipping. Going to order one

Again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower lower drip seal_02.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	11922   Click image for larger version

Name:	shower lower drip seal_01.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	11923  
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #25
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Thanks looks like it, Not greatest angle on pictures. Looked local for a sweep found all types around $4 of course not right ones. Looks like all other sites run about same cost $18 +/- $2 with shipping. Going to order one

Again
No problem. Your pictures look just like ours. I ordered 2 (top and bottom) while I was at it. And, being a little cheap, saved the length I had to cut off. I figured if I tore one again, I'd just cut off that part and use the short cut-off piece as a replacement for that section.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #26
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
No problem. Your pictures look just like ours. I ordered 2 (top and bottom) while I was at it. And, being a little cheap, saved the length I had to cut off. I figured if I tore one again, I'd just cut off that part and use the short cut-off piece as a replacement for that section.
Just went out and got the sweep and actually measured it, not exactly same size as the one we are buying. But again not far off, the sweep portion measured 7/16 and the width 12/32. Did not measure door so we will see. Did not find others on the WEB with different dimensions. As a matter of fact all the ones I found were sweep 15/32" and width 9/16". Has to be it
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #27
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Just received the wiper that was identified in Post 23. As I thought it is larger than the original that I supplied a picture of in a previous post. The new wiper is about 3/16 " wider and the base that fits against the door is also slightly wider. Hopefully weather will change soon to try it. Since I did not measure anything on the actual shower door not sure how significant these differences are. If I recall others have also order this, has anyone installed it?
Old 03-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #28
sauerld

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeater View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for fixes for the bottom shower door seal. It is a very fragile silicone/rubber type seal. It tears from opening and closing the door. This is our second one since we got the trailer. At this rate, we'll go thru about 4 or 5 a year.....
I just fixed mine today on a 2013 Keystone Apine. Don't know if it's the same as yours but mine is a three panel slider. I took 1 screw out on each end of the top frame, pushed it up so I could pop each slider out of the bottom frame. Then I removed the bottom frame piece where my leak was. I cleaned off all the old caulk from the shower and the frame including using Goo Gone to wipe everything down so my new caulk would stick. Then I put a bead of the new caulk underneath each side of the bottom frame and popped it back in place. My leak was in the middle of the bottom frame as it was not quite level in the middle. After I caulked under the frame piece I put a stainless steel screw in the center of the bottom frame to suck it down. Then I ran a bead of caulk on both the inside and outside of the shower as well as on top of the screw I put in. Sealed! Good luck!
sauerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #29
Drydays

Shower door

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeater View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for fixes for the bottom shower door seal. It is a very fragile silicone/rubber type seal. It tears from opening and closing the door. This is our second one since we got the trailer. At this rate, we'll go thru about 4 or 5 a year.....
WE got rid of the problem by getting rid of the shower door completely, I replaced it with a curtain , my local dealer had a curtain rail ,wife found a nice water proof cloth curtain and hangers. and walla, new fix. more room in the shower , more room in the bathroom. Took some time making the curve in the rail, but it is worth every effort.

Plus this is the second trailer we have done this to.

Good luck and if you wish PM me for pics.
Drydays is offline   Reply With Quote