Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
katiegreeniz

Angry Relay Board-replaced twice in less than 2 years?!?

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this issue? We've had the relay board for the furnace replaced twice in less than 2 years for a 2013 Sprinter that's only used on weekends, intermittently.

Instead of diagnosing the cause, they just replace it. But I'm tired of waking up to a cold camper and waiting weeks for warranty repair, plus the travel time to and from the dealer. If you check my post history, you'll notice this is only 1 of many-some major-problems that we've had with this TT.

I just wish there was some way to prevent this from happening again. If I could only figure out WHAT was causing it.

https://www.facebook.com/rvcampersofne

Our Trips
7/2012 Maple Park Campground, Wareham MA
9/2012 Saco KOA Campground, Old Orchard Beach, ME
9/2012 Bayview Campground, Bourne, MA
9/2012 Northampton KOA, Westhampton, MA
8/2013-10/2013 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
4/2014-10/2014 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
6/2015-7/2015 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
katiegreeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You may be in a situation where the factory (OEM) relay board simply doesn't stand up to the use conditions you're subjecting it to. It may be voltage spikes, a "surging" converter, some electrical issue in the trailer or any host of other things that cause it to fail.

Dinosaur Electronics is an aftermarket firm that produces replacement control boards for RV appliances. You might consider replacing your "OEM" problem with a "more reliable" Dinosaur control board. You can read about their produces here: http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/

The furnace control boards are listed here: http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Ignitor_boards.htm

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, relay board