Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
Wrenchited

Yellowstone trip

We are planning a trip to fishing bridge, yellowstone national park from Pa. in June 2015. I was wondering if anybody knows which is the best route? Route 80, 90, or 94?
Thanks
Wrenchited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
cblong

I'm from Wyoming then moved to Wisconsin and travel back and forth a couple times a year to visit family. I take 90 across its a nice easy route and there's more stuff to stop and see on the roadside then 94. I think 90 would be a bit more of a direct route across for you though.

Cougar High country 330 RBK
2014 F350 6.7 CC DRW
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax CCSB SOLD
cblong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Wrenchited

80 & 90 are showing 31 hours and 94 is 32 hours. I'm wondering if I would run into a lot of traffic to slow me down near Chicago when I go north-west from bottom of Lake Michigan? Think I will count 94 out, longer and less scenic. Thanks
Wrenchited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
smokeyfl

We went to Yellowstone this summer. We took 90. 80 takes a little longer according to my map program. Your big decision will be getting into Yellowstone. We also stayed at Fishing Bridge. We took the southern route through the Tetons which was an amazing drive, but does take longer. We came back across 14 / 16 through Cody. This was a little more of a challenge, but also a beautiful drive. We live in Maryland. This is an amazing area to visit.
Harley Ultra Classic

smokeyfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
Hometown

We also made a trip to Yellowstone this past June. living in central Illinois it made the most sense to go 80 out and since we wanted to spend time in the Teton range also we started there and Stayed at Flagg Ranch. I wanted to travel back the East exit of Yellowstone and go through Cody and then on to Mt. Rushmore but we did not have the time. We traveled that route 2 years ago with a Boy Scout trip and it was a great time. We found that there is alot of hiking and biking in the Tetons and more destination sightseeing in the Yellowstone Park. So we split our time between them. Whatever your plans our make sure to take a quality camera there are sights of a lifetime no matter where you spend your time. Good luck and stay safe.
Hometown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
airforceret

If they haven't finished the highway construction north of Chicago you will definitely want to continue west on 80 and go north somewhere further along the route.
2001 Wrangler (Moab Rock Crawler) / 2008 Can Am Outlander 400 4x4
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote