Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
TROOPER TAYLOR

2014 330rbk and JT Strongarms ?

I ordered a set of JT Strongarms for my 330 rbk and have them sitting in my garage waiting for me to put them on.

Does any have any advice on installing the rear strongarms?

Is there something special I am going to have to do because of the slide out tray?

My camper is still in the shop for repairs and due to be fixed this weekend. Just kinda wanted a heads up from the people that may have them installed on this particular camper or one with the slide out tray.

Any help would be appreciated !!!
TROOPER TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
buckeyebobhockingcamper

i have a set in my garage also,just got em last week from tweeties 238,free shipping!!i have rear one piece electric stabilizer and the manual doesnt explain this application.my 343rl 2014 montana hc already has brackets on front and sides ,just dont know about rear application.
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Campnfireman

Hey Trooper I just installed the steadyfast system on my '14 330RBK about two months ago. I know it's a different system but probably the same problem I ran into with the slide out cargo rack. I couldn't bolt the system where it needed to go because of the track so I had a friend weld it for me. Just as strong and worked very well.
Campnfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:54 AM   #4
TROOPER TAYLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnfireman View Post
Hey Trooper I just installed the steadyfast system on my '14 330RBK about two months ago. I know it's a different system but probably the same problem I ran into with the slide out cargo rack. I couldn't bolt the system where it needed to go because of the track so I had a friend weld it for me. Just as strong and worked very well.
Thanks Campnfireman!! I haven't thought about maybe welding the brackets somewhere on the back. I will have to look and see if I can do this as soon as I get my camper back from the shop.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
Campnfireman

Just out of curiosity, what's your camper in the shop for? We bought ours last year 3 days later the touch panel went out. Then may of this year the 15k AC went out right before left for the beach. Thankfully the warranty hadn't expired so the AC is covered along with the punch list of things I had come up with.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #6
TROOPER TAYLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnfireman View Post
Just out of curiosity, what's your camper in the shop for? We bought ours last year 3 days later the touch panel went out. Then may of this year the 15k AC went out right before left for the beach. Thankfully the warranty hadn't expired so the AC is covered along with the punch list of things I had come up with.
Roof damage from an accident with a low overpass

There is also a problem with my panel. The remote will not run the slides. everything else but the slides.

Glad to hear your warranty was still intact.

What did they do to repair your panel ?
Old 07-17-2014, 03:14 AM   #7
buckeyebobhockingcamper

ok,update ,i installed the jt strongarms and it helped a lot!!!wife said "i can still feel it move a bit"ok its a camper on grass with 4 slides and 37 feet!!!!!now its back at dealer for main slide underfloor gouging of media cover.they fixed this once,warranty almost up!!o boy!!
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:08 AM   #8
Campnfireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER TAYLOR View Post
Roof damage from an accident with a low overpass

There is also a problem with my panel. The remote will not run the slides. everything else but the slides.

Glad to hear your warranty was still intact.

What did they do to repair your panel ?

Trooper:
When the panel went out the first time I had I take it in and they ran test and made sure it was out then keystone sent a whole new touch panel (which I wasn't pleased about) and they installed it. Worked well for a few months now it acts up intermittently. The repair facility can never get it to duplicate the problem because after I unhook the shore power and take it their facility it has time to reset. So basically I have to wait till it goes out completely again.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
TROOPER TAYLOR

I got the JT's installed with no issues. I had to fabricate a cross member for the rear stabilizers but it wasn't all that difficult.

Campnfireman: My dealership ordered a new panel for my camper. They replaced the panel with a normal one not touchscreen. I now have rocker switches for everything. Remote works everything like it should.

Dealer said they were having a lot of problems with the touchscreen panel so they were just replacing all of them now with the rocker switches.

Maybe you could get yours replaced with the normal panel?
Old 07-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #10
TROOPER TAYLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyebobhockingcamper View Post
i have a set in my garage also,just got em last week from tweeties 238,free shipping!!i have rear one piece electric stabilizer and the manual doesnt explain this application.my 343rl 2014 montana hc already has brackets on front and sides ,just dont know about rear application.
I love the JT's. They do not remove all the movement but pretty close. A good investment indeed.

Wife is very happy with them. Don't think I will own another camper without them!!!