Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2021, 08:29 AM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
I had the rack in the photo on my 5th wheel, it was ok but not adequate for E-bikes.

The "E-spec swagman" is much stronger. It has two bars and cups that hold the wheels. The hitch can fold but this MUST be hard bolted for an RV (bolts in kit, makes stiffer connection) for a trailer. I've traveled few thousand miles and it work fine. It also has nice locks built in. Less than $500 last year.
No offense but I’m calling bulls&$@ on this one lol…you may be mistaken because this one that I have in the picture was first available for sale 9/16/2020 ….6 days after you made a post saying you have the swagman
The rv model was a newer design and heavier duty
The one I have “in the picture” may look like several other brands of the same general design but I can assure you it is quite heavy duty..I bought it just for cruiser bikes and still will probably not use ebikes on it ..if I get ebikes I’m getting the lectric brand folding bikes.

Forgive me if I misunderstood but I will let everyone know how it works out in a week or so when I travel.
And I’m sure the swagman is a good unit but doesn’t mean there aren’t other good ones also
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	438FE435-1D14-460F-9CAA-5DE7C3C71C30.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	35129   Click image for larger version

Name:	3B2BC819-C46D-4472-A52C-E4B18EA7FF9D.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	35130  
Old 08-06-2021, 02:33 PM   #22
Northofu1

That puppy is going for $845 CAN on the Amazon. My Swagman with the same build only no locks on the hold down hooks was $168 CAN. Not saying that's what you paid for yours. Just that most of the racks I was looking at were in the $500 to $600 range, all brand reputable manufacturers. I didn't want to take that hit. I saw the Swagman and snatched it up at that price and has worked flawlessly on the front of the truck when towing or the rear when not towing. Not sure how long its going to last but shows no signs of wear yet.
I didn't need an e-bike capable rack, If I need powered anything I would get a powered skateboard, would fit anywhere.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #23
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
That puppy is going for $845 CAN on the Amazon. My Swagman with the same build only no locks on the hold down hooks was $168 CAN. Not saying that's what you paid for yours. Just that most of the racks I was looking at were in the $500 to $600 range, all brand reputable manufacturers. I didn't want to take that hit. I saw the Swagman and snatched it up at that price and has worked flawlessly on the front of the truck when towing or the rear when not towing. Not sure how long its going to last but shows no signs of wear yet.
I didn't need an e-bike capable rack, If I need powered anything I would get a powered skateboard, would fit anywhere.
Yeah the locks don’t really impress me anyway…I’m gonna use a motorcycle chain/ lock from our dirt bikes
I’m all for the swagman or the Hollywood bike rack like I originally wanted but couldn’t find them anywhere..I just lucked upon this one on Amazon for $540 ( yes I know it’s not a deal lol) and then they were sold out a few days after.
The only swagman I didn’t like was the rv approved hanging 2 bar rack…bent within the first 1000 miles with cruiser bikes.

Tags
bike, bike rack, fifth wheel, rack