Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Tlgold

Springdale 271Rl

First time buyers, looking for any reviews on the 2018 Springdale 271Rl...
What do you love about?
What you do differently?

Thanks in advance!
Tlgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
14george

to the fourm
Old 09-03-2017, 05:34 AM   #3
Cqyqte

We have the Springdale 2660RLS which is based on the same real living room floorplan

Your 271RL will be very comfortable, you will have better access to the bathroom when staying the night in a Walmart parking lot when the slide is in. But you appear to have less storage space under and around the entertainment center than our 2660RLS, something you may want to reconsider.

We are not interested in "boon-docking" and stay in full hook ups so a larger more comfortable bath and shower area was not a high priority,to each their own. The tub rocker chairs are extremely comfortable, but they do rock back way more than needed and you end up wacking the venetian blinds, so we put stoppers in the tilt plates to control this backward tilt more. We are also looking at adapting the dinette to be able to change it into a U-shaped lounger without removing the back cushions (by adding an additonal covered foam cushion, carried under the bedroom matress storage, and two shorter table tubes to lower the table top to seat height).

In short you will love the Springdale and this layout you've chosen.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
2017 Keystone Springdale 2660RL
Cqyqte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
Marty1436

Springdale

Hi I saw your post. We just bought a 2011 266. It has electric jacks electric awning and very clean. Not liking the storage. Any tips or tricks? Lol. How do your like yours? What do you tow it with? Well hope to hear back. Happing camping.

Marty
Marty1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:07 AM   #5
Cqyqte

We tow our Springdale with a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7, coupled with a Husky T/S Centerline WDH. A lesson we were told prior to buying ours, "Don't buy any appliances, dishes or accessories until you spend time in the trailer". The reason behind this is you will buy things that you find won't fit or are too difficult to store in the space provided. The DW spent time measuring and browsing and found all sorts of baskets, wardrobe accessories, storage boxes that made the world of difference in fitting the essentials into out Springdale. I found many a smart mods as described by other forum members which assisted us in making the space much more accepting to the things we need to feel comfortable during the month long trips each winter.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
2017 Keystone Springdale 2660RL
Cqyqte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
Marty1436

Thank you for the headsup. Its kind of tight taking everything we had in out 40 ft to this but we have learned through out the years to cut down. Thanks for the info. Marty
Old 09-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Bisjoe

The 271 is a lot bigger than our 202, but looks like the same bedroom cabinetry. One thing to watch out for is the sharp edges of the wood on the bottoms that could easily scrape an arm rolling over or getting in and out. When I noticed this I went to home depot and got an 8' length of plastic outside corner trim. They had 4 grain colors and one matched perfectly. This weekend I'll install it over those edges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Woodedges.PNG
Views:	163
Size:	611.9 KB
ID:	14141  
Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #8
Marty1436

Good thought. I would have never thought of that until i scraped a body part. Thanks for the heads up sort of speaking. Lol

Tags
springdale