Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
ksikor14

Unhappy 5th Wheel Now Mine

All,

I purchased a 2018 Keystone Sprinter for my daughter and Sil at the end of 2017. My daughter passed way in 2018 and my SIL and grandsons were living in the 5th wheel which has been in my name since it was purchased. My SIL up and decided to move and mailed me the keys to the 5th Wheel and said I could sell it. There is no sofa beds, table and chairs or theatre seating chairs anymore. They also had a cat in the rv which scratched the leather around the windows. Does anyone know where I can get reasonable furniture for the rv and any place that I could see how much the replacement leather will be. I have tried to get RV dealers to sell it on consignment but no one want's to without furniture. I am so close to calling for a voluntary repossession on it. But overall it is in good shape if I could just get the windows and furniture. Any suggestions or comments I am not wanting to ruin my credit and they still owe 38,000 on it and I don't want to continue to make payments. At my witts end. Please help if anyone can.
ksikor14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:10 PM   #2
revrusty

Sorry for the difficult situation. I am not nearly as well informed as others on this forum but I can tell you that we bought a couple of wall away recliners from recpro.com that were very reasonable and seemed very nice to our eyes. Later we actually sold them on ebay so you might search there for items as well. I didn't check the list but there is also a place on this forum for selling items.
Others will hopefully start to chime in with other ideas.
Again my sympathies for the situation.

2021 Ram 3500 megacab w/ cummins 6.7HO, SRW
Cougar 25 MLE , 2024
revrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:40 PM   #3
Laredo Tugger

First, let me reply my condolences for the loss of your daughter. A tough thing to go through I am sure.
The trailer, "Fifth Wheel Now Mine", actually from your post is sounds like it never "wasn't" yours. You state "they still owe 38,000 on it". Did you sell it to your SIL or allow them to live in it rent/payment free? With your comments on your (repossession) options and credit concerns, I assume you are the registered and liable owner.
If so and you wish to make the trailer saleable here are a few suggestions.

The "leather" around the windows is more than likely a faux leather product which can be purchased at most fabric stores. The panels around the windows should be easy to remove with a few screws and be disassembled. Remove the staples (on the back) holding the old material on and separate from the padded frame. If you are careful, the fabric you remove can be used as a pattern for your replacement piece. Where you have the upper hand here you will be able to shop at a conventional furniture store for the sofa and theater seating. Whatever color this set comes in will give you a choice of fabric for the windows ("leather") that will match or blend. There has been a lot of disscussion on here about using home furniture in RVs. There is no reason why some designs (for the home) will not work in your trailer and may even be less expensive. The cautions here are, make sure to measure dimensions of the space to be filled and your purchased piece. Also consider products that will "come apart" meaning be able to fit through your trailer door.
Good luck
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:41 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksikor14 View Post
All,

I purchased a 2018 Keystone Sprinter for my daughter and Sil at the end of 2017. My daughter passed way in 2018 and my SIL and grandsons were living in the 5th wheel which has been in my name since it was purchased. My SIL up and decided to move and mailed me the keys to the 5th Wheel and said I could sell it. There is no sofa beds, table and chairs or theatre seating chairs anymore. They also had a cat in the rv which scratched the leather around the windows. Does anyone know where I can get reasonable furniture for the rv and any place that I could see how much the replacement leather will be. I have tried to get RV dealers to sell it on consignment but no one want's to without furniture. I am so close to calling for a voluntary repossession on it. But overall it is in good shape if I could just get the windows and furniture. Any suggestions or comments I am not wanting to ruin my credit and they still owe 38,000 on it and I don't want to continue to make payments. At my witts end. Please help if anyone can.
RV furniture isn't all that specific. I bought my LazyBoy reclining love seat on Craigslist. Backs come out of pockets and it was easy to get in. I removed the dinette from my camper and put in a table/chairs from Ikea. Had to assemble but the chairs are a lot more comfy than that old dinette. Lots of sofas has removable backs and you can easily get them into your camper. Craigslist or Facebook marketplace is your friend and stuff you buy will be of better quality than the RV junk furniture. Find the cat a good home and not sure what leather would be around a window so post a pic and I am sure suggestions will happen! Good luck. Owe yeah, if you have a will, make sure that the SIL has his name scratched out bwhahahhahaha
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:27 PM   #5
notanlines

As a starter, call 405.774.9588, Texas RV Disposal Company. They have facilities near you and then can help you find an RV salvage yard near you. Go from there.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel