Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #21
Northofu1

That looks great John. Well done.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #22
TractorPole

good to hear, I have all the products that you mentioned in your first post in my detail kit. I will be polishing and waxing my Bullet after my last trip before storing it for the winter, the front cap is in bad shape and I did a test spot by hand and I will definitely need my porter cable DA polisher to get it looking nice again.
IG: @bumbletheraptor
TractorPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #23
Jennifer Fuzion 414

How many 16oz bottles of the V32, V36 etc did your entire rig take, they're on sale on Amazon Prime today.

Thanks
Jen
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:53 AM   #24
twvette

Fairly sure it was about 1.5 bottles for mine.

UPDATE: been a while now and the polishing is indeed holding up. Waxed it again a few months ago and was still nice and smooth. Get lots of compliments in RV parks that looks really good too. Will probably do another V32/36 polish this year or next to get the spots I think could have been better if knew what was doing on my first attempt, but from then out confident just a V36 every few years and “wax of choice” yearly will keep it really nice I think.
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #25
Jennifer Fuzion 414

You should be on commission with Chemical Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by twvette View Post
Fairly sure it was about 1.5 bottles for mine.
UPDATE: been a while now and the polishing is indeed holding up.

Well then I guess the trigger I pulled last night based entirely on your post was a good call, granted a picked up a few extra bottles, being in Arizona I foresee doing this quite often... if you didn't work for Chemical Guys before, you sure should now (see below).. LOL

Your post was awesome and to hear it's holding up is GREAT news. The 2016 414 I just purchased has terrible chalking, see pics below... I'm looking forward to following in your footsteps.....

Did you use a ladder or scaffolding?

Jen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9822 (1).jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	34223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9820 (1).jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	34224   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-22_10-35-26.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	34225   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-22_10-35-14.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	34226   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-22_10-35-01.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	34227  

Old 06-23-2021, 06:47 AM   #26
twvette

Ha, yeah Chemical Guys took a piece of my wallet for sure as have other stuff you ordered too. Mine was on similar conditions as yours. You will want yellow pads too for the V32. Their pad cleaner works very well and will want it or figure something out as the pad will get very dirty. Went with their pad lube spray as works well with the Mothers clay pad.

I bought rolling scaffolding from from Home Depot. Helps but still kinda pain to use to lock all wheels, climb up it, and ddi t like it without buying the extra railing kit but it gets I. The way a little too. Did what I could reach from ground then just the remaining on the scaffold. Renting an electric scissors lift would be worth it for the recovery IMHO.
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #27
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by twvette View Post
Ha, yeah Chemical Guys took a piece of my wallet for sure as have other stuff you ordered too. Mine was on similar conditions as yours. You will want yellow pads too for the V32. Their pad cleaner works very well and will want it or figure something out as the pad will get very dirty. Went with their pad lube spray as works well with the Mothers clay pad.

I bought rolling scaffolding from from Home Depot. Helps but still kinda pain to use to lock all wheels, climb up it, and ddi t like it without buying the extra railing kit but it gets I. The way a little too. Did what I could reach from ground then just the remaining on the scaffold. Renting an electric scissors lift would be worth it for the recovery IMHO.
Oh I ordered everything you recommended (including at least 5 of yellow, orange, grabbed some red and some black) and more, you did good as a rep.. lol, glad to hear you recognize my streaking, I was curious what problem I really had and was it fixable until you just said that, thank you... that gives me hope.

I ordered 5 bottles each of the v's (only some are shown as it was prime day and there was a limit, ordered more the next day from their Ebay page, which they have cheap by the way, Chem Guys direct on Ebay, great prices). I ordered the lube, clay everything, it's a cheap investment... I have a Kubota M62 tractor loader backhoe so I'll just put a bucket on it and use that instead of scaffolding, mind you if you're doing this every few months that may be a good investment as well. I bought their jetseal as well to try, we'll see how that looks..... What was your final wax you put on and how has it held up? I'd be tempted to do a good DIY ceramic but I live in the desert near Vegas and that needs to be done inside.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-06-23_09-15-23.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	34258  
Old 06-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #28
Jennifer Fuzion 414

.. for those curious what we're talking about re pad colors... this is a great video.

https://youtu.be/iFnmfn9mwYc
Old 06-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #29
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Order arrived, whoever they have in shipping needs his a*s fired....all the product was tossed into a big box like it was garbage, caps on the blue pad cleaner were loose, caps on the polish were loose causing spillage INSIDE the box and it was obviously noticed by the moron that packet it as his fingerprints by the label were done in the leaking polish.... absolutely horrendous... tried to contact them on their web site to resolve, no email address, just some web form that you can't attach photos... so i'll never buy from again sadly..... don't care how good the coach comes out, service means something, but not to them I guess.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chemical guys spillage2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	34365   Click image for larger version

Name:	chemical guys spillage.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	34366  
Old 06-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #30
Northofu1

I bought my product from Amazon.ca as Chemical brothers don't ship up here. It all arrived in good condition. Amazon can be a great medium, their return policy and customer service is second only to costco.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:04 PM   #31
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
I bought my product from Amazon.ca as Chemical brothers don't ship up here. It all arrived in good condition. Amazon can be a great medium, their return policy and customer service is second only to costco.

Cheers, yea I hear ya.... I bought some from Amazon, eBay and direct as there Amazon items had limits and I needed heaps as mentioned above...

I'm from BC, living in NW AZ now, nice to see another Canucklehead on here.

Jen
Old 07-01-2021, 08:48 AM   #32
geeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Fuzion 414 View Post
Order arrived, whoever they have in shipping needs his a*s fired....all the product was tossed into a big box like it was garbage, caps on the blue pad cleaner were loose, caps on the polish were loose causing spillage INSIDE the box and it was obviously noticed by the moron that packet it as his fingerprints by the label were done in the leaking polish.... absolutely horrendous... tried to contact them on their web site to resolve, no email address, just some web form that you can't attach photos... so i'll never buy from again sadly..... don't care how good the coach comes out, service means something, but not to them I guess.
Is that from Amazon Fullfillment? Because Chemical Guys do have great service. Sad to see this though even from Amazon--too big dont care.
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #33
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Is that from Amazon Fullfillment? Because Chemical Guys do have great service. Sad to see this though even from Amazon--too big dont care.

Chemical Guys...

Have sent messages to their web contact form, been several days, they ignored...

Tried leaving a review on Amazon, they refused to post it saying I was not allowed to review the shipping, just the product.... good old Amazon..

That being said, if anyone needs any of this stuff, they're having a SMOKING hot sale on their website this weekend, I just bought 10 more bottles of each of the 32/36

I have two BMW M5's so may pick up some 34 and 38 while it's all on sale... thanks again for the hookup/info on this stuff twvette.

Disregard, DID pick up more.... can't beat a good sale.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #34
rlamb

Happy to see your blotchy pictures. I have the same issue on my Montana. I used McGuiars one step compound 67. A lot of work for 2 days on door side and back and to look back at it in the wrong light and see blotchy was very disheartening. Not sure what to use now. Any suggestions?
rlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #35
K_N_L

Grey Filon Part Deux

After much cleaning and sealing this spring, I had a lot of fading again. I had used Jescar Power Lock sealant after a lot of work with Chemical guys ( 32 and 36) and by October I wasnt happy with the look. So after compounding and polishing again to an acceptable gloss, I took the plunge with a ceramic sealant. I went with the Liquid Thor product based on ease of application and work time. Time will tell if this keeps the shine, it took about 60% of the 100ML bottle to cover our unit. A couple of notes and this is for anyone attempting to restore a finish.

-Swap out your buffer's pad frequently, they load up then dont work well

-Same with the wipe down after a compounding or polishing pass, swap out / turn your microfiber cloth frequently when removing the residue

- Use a Isopropyl Alcohol/water mix in a spray bottle with another microfiber before wax/sealing to get a clean surface. This will help with the streaky blotches area as well.

I will post some pics later, some areas are better than others as I could have spent even more time cutting it back to a smoother finish. But I am hopeful the ceramic coating will hold the existing finish longer.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:25 PM   #36
bigdave_185

I’ll not bad mouth the chemical guys product to much but I assure you they are not long lasting products and their shipping won’t improve.

Suggest you guys with foreign cars try a product brand like Adam’s if your into online ordering

They offer a one step product that as you use the grit material gets finer as your progress, combined with those red microfiber pad you can achieve amazing results

Name:	IMG_2136.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	36820

Name:	IMG_2140.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	36821

Name:	IMG_2138.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	36822
Granted these results didn’t come from a one step, but my second step after wet sanding this caddy was their one step followed with some other magic sauce made here local. At 300k miles the customer was blown away!
bigdave_185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:17 AM   #37
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave_185 View Post
I’ll not bad mouth the chemical guys product to much but I assure you they are not long lasting products and their shipping won’t improve.

Suggest you guys with foreign cars try a product brand like Adam’s if your into online ordering

Link for those wondering what he means by "Adam's"

https://adamspolishes.com/

Dave can you tell us a bit more about which exact product from their line up you used?

Thank you Sir.

Jen
Old 10-31-2021, 04:27 PM   #38
bigdave_185

This is my go to for a customer who doesn’t have $$$

https://adamspolishes.com/products/a...tep-polish-8oz
With this pad

https://adamspolishes.com/products/a...29288052719713

Their cutting wax is good for most other hard surfaces that need rough cutting

Anything in worse shape will require

More work as discussed earlier

I use 3m and work your *** off with a 10” wool pad and high speed buffer

https://www.bottompaintstore.com/3m-...t-p-10077.html
Old 10-31-2021, 04:38 PM   #39
bigdave_185

Detailing/Recovering nasty grey Filon (Fiberglass'ish stuff) ... SUCCESS !!!!

Chemical guys is one step above your general use products from meguires or like. The F1 and turtle waxes will give you all similar results.

Long lasting products are hard to come by and not really a general user type deal.

I stay away from ceramics as I have had to remove the lesser quality products and I’ll tell you they are a nightmare when applied poorly.

The spray bottle applications are good and I coat my trailers with them after each wash

Name:	IMG_2073.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	36847

Name:	IMG_2143.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	36848
Old 10-31-2021, 04:42 PM   #40
bigdave_185

Detailing/Recovering nasty grey Filon (Fiberglass'ish stuff) ... SUCCESS !!!!

Name:	IMG_2147.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	36849

Name:	IMG_2149.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	36850

I have a few