Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
rosede

Waterless wash

I have to store my camper in a storage yard. I have a lot of difficulties washing the unit. In the past, I was able to wash it in the storage yard, but last winter the water lines froze, and the owner decided to remove the hydrant rather than repair it, so I wasn't able to wash my unit all summer.

Recently I learned of a local truck stop that washes campers and RV's, so I decided to give them a try over the weekend. I'm not happy with the results, so I'm back to looking for another way to wash my camper.

I decided to look into waterless washing products and discovered. https://washwax.com/home.php

This looks like the solution that I've been looking for. A way to keep my investment clean and in good shape without the need of a bucket of water.

Has anyone used this product?

Thanks

Daryl

rosede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
geobet

I've tried several and this one by Aero Cosmetics that I've been using since early summer, is the best by far. I bought the wet/dry mop as well - makes things a lot easier. I can literally "wash/wax" my High Country in 30 minutes. Also, check out their degreaser. I use it to get the love bugs off and believe me, here in Florida, you get them plastered on the front. As a foot note, I made the decision to not use anything that contains petroleum distillates on my rig. I also use it on the truck and cars. Incredible results!! Their wash/wax stuff really does work and, according the them, it contains the prerequisite UV protection plus it meets all Boeing aircraft requirements (I'm guessing that's a good thing). I'm sold on all their products.

Love the smell of fresh coffee & diesel in the morning!
geobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
rosede

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobet View Post
I've tried several and this one by Aero Cosmetics that I've been using since early summer, is the best by far. I bought the wet/dry mop as well - makes things a lot easier. I can literally "wash/wax" my High Country in 30 minutes. Also, check out their degreaser. I use it to get the love bugs off and believe me, here in Florida, you get them plastered on the front. As a foot note, I made the decision to not use anything that contains petroleum distillates on my rig. I also use it on the truck and cars. Incredible results!! Their wash/wax stuff really does work and, according the them, it contains the prerequisite UV protection plus it meets all Boeing aircraft requirements (I'm guessing that's a good thing). I'm sold on all their products.
I see they also have rubber care product. I was wondering if that worked on rubber roof? Have you tried that?

Daryl

Old 10-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #4
geobet

Haven't tried the "Rubber Care" on the roof. Aero Cosmetics says regular Wash/Wax does a good job on the roof. Give them a call - good folks and very helpful. I currently don't use anything on the roof, just a wash with dawn or murphy's oil soap every two or three months. Roof manufacturer says it doesn't need anything other than a good washing. Other members use 303 or the stuff available at Camping World. I use Rubber Care for the tires - makes them look brand new without the shiny look other products leave. Let me know if you find out anything about the Rubber Care for roof use.

Love the smell of fresh coffee & diesel in the morning!
geobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
rosede

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobet View Post
Haven't tried the "Rubber Care" on the roof. Aero Cosmetics says regular Wash/Wax does a good job on the roof. Give them a call - good folks and very helpful. I currently don't use anything on the roof, just a wash with dawn or murphy's oil soap every two or three months. Roof manufacturer says it doesn't need anything other than a good washing. Other members use 303 or the stuff available at Camping World. I use Rubber Care for the tires - makes them look brand new without the shiny look other products leave. Let me know if you find out anything about the Rubber Care for roof use.
Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call and post back.

Daryl

Tags
water