Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
JBauern

Tank probes

2016 PASSPORT 269RLS Standing at the rear of the trailer, and looking forward to the tounge, on what side of the trailer of the trailer would both the black and gray tank probes be? I have the enclosed underbelly, and also, some of the area has "tape" holding the split / flap areas together. What type of " tape" is that?

Thanks in advance.
JBauern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:09 AM   #2
jamcbride

Great questions...wondered about them myself. Let's see what we get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 02:37 AM   #3
Frank G

Gorilla Tape holds on to Coroplast (under belly material) quite well. If you have repaired areas in the underbelly, that indicates someone has opened it up in the past.
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #4
mtlineman2010

Have had really good luck using gorilla tape to fix patches on the underbelly. Definitely recommend it!

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk
AirLift LoadLifter 5000s & WirelessOne Compressor
mtlineman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
bobbecky

I know you didn't ask, but you will probably be wasting your time worrying about the probes not working. Not many have tank level systems that work, ours stopped working within a couple weeks of starting out. If you can tell where the drain plumbing exits the belly, that will be close to where the sensors are located in the end of the tanks. Good luck.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:30 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
I know you didn't ask, but you will probably be wasting your time worrying about the probes not working. Not many have tank level systems that work, ours stopped working within a couple weeks of starting out. If you can tell where the drain plumbing exits the belly, that will be close to where the sensors are located in the end of the tanks. Good luck.
FWIW I have seen them on either end, that's why I didn't respond...We don't service that make so I haven't been underneath one. Properly maintained the sensors should work for the life of the trailer. My '97 Jayco sensors worked as good as new when I sold it in 2012. Current sensors are good to go.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
JBauern

Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
Gorilla Tape holds on to Coroplast (under belly material) quite well. If you have repaired areas in the underbelly, that indicates someone has opened it up in the past.
The tape was installed at the factory. We purchased the TT new. They fit pieces around the valves and other areas.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

If the tape is thin "thread" looking it's called scrim tape. VERY sticky so you only get one shot at putting it on

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:07 PM   #9
JBauern

drains

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
It looks like I have three lines coming down, capped. one blue one looks like the drain line for the fresh water tank, by where it is located, and another blue drain line, to me, looks like to drain the cold water lines, and a red one, to allow the hot water lines to drain.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Those are the fresh tank drain and the low point drains. What bobbecky is saying is that the probes are probably on the same side as the tank drains.

I have seen them on opposite sides, but the more common place is the drain side. Probably makes it faster at the factory since the assembly line bee is busy glueing fittings at the same time.

Tags
tank