Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
Bar-OneRanch

Decal Schematic

Has anyone had any luck getting a decal schematic for their trailer and if so where did you get it from? Long story shortened, hung up on snotty Keystone customer service rep, called back and nice one still wouldn't get one to me, said to visit a dealer. My friend had gotten one for his Raptor from somewhere but doesn't remember where. I need to order replacement cargo doors due to bubbling and want to try and find the decals while hopefully still available.
Thanks
Chris
2003 Flagstaff 25LB,1993 Terry 35V
1982 Serro Scotty 18',1976 Dutchcraft 25'
1972 Banner 18'
Bar-OneRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
Mike484

Wont they sell you the decals?

2016 Passport 2890RL
2007 GMC Sierra 1500
Reese 26000 Weight Distribution and Sway Control
Champion 2800/3100 Inverter Generator

American Ranger Auto Gyro
Mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Chris - Try www.trekwood.com for RV replacement parts - including decals. FYI Keystone does not sell rv parts or decals and they will refer you to find a nearby dealer. I'd be surprised if they told you the name of a dealership from which to purchase decals and/or parts.

Check out the search feature as there are a number of posts/threads about "replacement decals" - where others have located them and their experiences with fading ones.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
Mike484

Sometimes you can find them on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ecals&_sacat=0

2016 Passport 2890RL
2007 GMC Sierra 1500
Reese 26000 Weight Distribution and Sway Control
Champion 2800/3100 Inverter Generator

American Ranger Auto Gyro
Mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar-OneRanch View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting a decal schematic for their trailer and if so where did you get it from? Long story shortened, hung up on snotty Keystone customer service rep, called back and nice one still wouldn't get one to me, said to visit a dealer. My friend had gotten one for his Raptor from somewhere but doesn't remember where. I need to order replacement cargo doors due to bubbling and want to try and find the decals while hopefully still available.
Thanks
Chris
First off, you'll get very little satisfaction "hanging up on snotty Keystone reps" and then calling back to talk to "a nice one". There are three "CS reps" and they all sit in the same office. If you ever visit the plant in Goshen, you'll find that the office is about 20'x20' and the desks are all adjacent to each other. They can all hear everything said by each other. As with any other business venture, the representatives talk amont themselves during the business day. No doubt, they shared your "hang up story" and all three knew about the situation shortly after it happened. As stated previously, Keystone doesn't sell parts or supplies to the public. Theirs is a "closed business model" in that they only sell to dealers who then sell to the public. If you have the "good fortune" to visit the factory, you'll learn that you can't get anything from the factory (except a brochure). They will refer you to a dealership for everything else (except answers during the tour). They won't even tell you if the trailers in production are "special order" or "available for your dealer to order"...

Now, as for obtaining replacement decals for your new cargo doors, even in New York, chances are very good that the current decals have faded significantly and anything "new from the dealer" will probably "stand out like a sore thumb". You might have much better luck working with a local sign shop that can match the current "weathered color" of your existing decals and print you some replacements that would closer match what's on your trailer so the new doors don't stand out as much. It's also very likely that dealing with a local sign shop will be significantly less expensive than ordering "factory decals" from Trekwood or even from EBay.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #6
Bar-OneRanch

I wasn't trying to buy the decals from Keystone, I just asked for a diagram showing the part numbers on them. I had planned on getting them from Trekwood and I wanted to see them in a layout to verify before ordering. My thought was the builder of the trailer was the first place to start my search, and then call Trekwood with part numbers. Trekwood has come through and sent me two possible configurations for mine to pick from. Maybe the first girl I talked to was having a bad day and I should have let it blow over, but unfortunately that's not the path we went down. So in the end it has worked out for me on this one.
1972 Banner 18'
Old 03-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #7
Bar-OneRanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Now, as for obtaining replacement decals for your new cargo doors, even in New York, chances are very good that the current decals have faded significantly and anything "new from the dealer" will probably "stand out like a sore thumb". You might have much better luck working with a local sign shop that can match the current "weathered color" of your existing decals and print you some replacements that would closer match what's on your trailer so the new doors don't stand out as much. It's also very likely that dealing with a local sign shop will be significantly less expensive than ordering "factory decals" from Trekwood or even from EBay.
That sounds like a good idea, I didn't know they could match it like that, I will have to see if anyone around here can do that.
Thanks
Chris
1972 Banner 18'