Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #1
rolltide

Liberty Harbor

Going to Liberty Harbor campground NJ this summer and I am looking for guidance to getting in and out with a 33 ft TT. Alive !!
Info such as time of day lanes etc .
We will be coming from the south then continuing on to Maine.
Thank You
rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:46 AM   #2
bfam5

I would suggest a midafternoon arrival. Approach on the 139 heading east towards the Holland tunnel. Stay in the right lanes. Turn right (south) on Marin Blvd. It is the last street before the toll booths.

Exit will most likely be north on Marin, west on 14th St towards I78.

Be ready for a bumpy ride. Those sites are narrow! I hope you or your neighbors don't have slides.

We stayed there 3 nights during the summer of 2018. As a campground, it is little more than a parking lot with water and electric. The shower facilities were well maintained. But you're not going there for the campground. You are walking distance from the water shuttle into Manhattan and really close to the statue of liberty shuttle. You'll be able to see the statue and world trade center from the campground. Enjoy!

If you look closely, you can see the statue in one of the shots and the world trade center in the other.

Attachment 25739Attachment 25740

2017 Springdale 260TBWE
2009 Rockwood HW276 (sold)
2006 Ford F150 SCrew 4x4 6.5' bed
bfam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:23 PM   #3
rolltide

Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to to.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #4
Hblick48

We stayed there a few years ago. Great location and easy access to Manhattan. I used Google Earth to pick out one of the front sites, much easier to back into since there was nothing across from site.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
Pull Toy

We took a forty foot 5er in with no trouble a few years ago. There were several large Class A's as well as TTs.

As already mentioned, it's not a Kumbayaah kind of campground. No fire rings, pools, hot tub or rec hall. But you already knew that. What yo do get is a level parking space, 50 amp service, water, and easy access to Manhattan using the PATH train (five blocks of easy walking), or the ferry to Wall Street right there in the parking lot. Security was excellent! If you have a dog, there is a small fenced in grassy patch adjacent to the showers.

Your first wake up is breath taking... Be prepared to share your morning coffee with Lady Liberty, and Manhattan Skyline. They're both extremely visible right from your camper.

Enjoy, and Good Luck!

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
busterbrown

We stayed at Liberty Harbor 2 years ago. Considering the proximity to the city and the view outside one's RV, the price is very fair and reasonable. The front office folks are very helpful and will offer suggestions for anything you may ask. We had no problem pulling in our 35' Bullet. I gave the office a call prior to arrival and they instructed the best route possible. Just remember, avoid any and all tunnels with your camper.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:48 AM   #7
rolltide

Thanks for the encouragement and info. A lot different from traveling out west so I’d figured I ask as many people as possible for info.
Thanks again
Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #8
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

If you stay in close to NYTC this is your only option. Showers were just ok not as clean as I would like since there is a dump station in the corner. Every site is back in and streets are narrow. Check out what they did to the overhead wires LOL. It is a nice location for sure. Just wish they would turn it into a real RV park and not a parking lot for RV'ers. Everything is closed so to is the Statue of Liberty. If you do get to go its a national park thing so bring yur NP old guys card and get in free.
A must see while you are there is the 9/11 Museum. Then you have to go to the top of One World Trade center. Its a short walk from where the boat lets you off. It is a bit of a walk to get to the boat that takes you to lower Manhattan. Don't forget to get some New York Pizza. Eat it like a New Yorker so you wont look like such a truest ROFL.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote