Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2021, 04:01 AM   #1
Courser Farm

Question Fireplace Brand? Manual?

Hi again gurus! Tried my fireplace this a.m to see if it takes the chill off. Works fine. But no manual among all the other manuals and no brand name on either the insert nor the remote! Will download a manual when I know the brand. 2021 cougar 24RDS TYIA
Former Horse Campers Ready for New Experiences!
Courser Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:36 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

I would contact your dealrr and let them know it was omitted. They should have also given you a build sheet that would have that info on it Did they not cover the operation on your PDI?
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:52 AM   #3
Courser Farm

Flybuoy- Yeah we had a "good" walk thru and we saw that it worked, but didn't occur to me to look in the packet then for a manual.
Old 10-01-2021, 05:01 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

The issue with asking another owner what's they have may not be relevant. During these days of supply issues 2 identical trailers on the assembly line may have different appliances. It would help if you post a picture that way someone may recognize the unit and make identification easier.
Old 10-01-2021, 05:11 AM   #5
Courser Farm

Thanks Flybuoy. And I just watched a video on this model and so many little things are different. BUT in that video I saw the sticker on the fireplace, and immediately recognized it as the one I pulled off and trashed. INNOFLAME. So I've downloaded and printed the manual. Thanks for your always valuable input folks. Mic drop.
Old 10-01-2021, 05:39 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courser Farm View Post
Thanks Flybuoy. And I just watched a video on this model and so many little things are different. BUT in that video I saw the sticker on the fireplace, and immediately recognized it as the one I pulled off and trashed. INNOFLAME. So I've downloaded and printed the manual. Thanks for your always valuable input folks. Mic drop.
I'm not a "phone carrying member of the now generation" but I do find printed manuals hard to use, especially when you're working on something away from the trailer "data source up in the cabinet"....

So, as I find manuals online, I not only print them out, but save them to my computer and eventually, when I have the "memory stick" in the USB port, I transfer all those manuals to one specific memory stick. That way, all my trailer information manuals are not only "in paperback form" in the cabinet, but also on a memory stick that I can take into the house, the pole barn, the garage or even into the dealership to show them the information I'm trying to convey.

As you find those files to download, you might consider saving them to a device that's designated to the "trailer maintenance files".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:43 AM   #7
Courser Farm

I love tech so yeah, I've got this one on a thumb drive too, as well as my laptop. Good advice.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:10 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courser Farm View Post
I love tech so yeah, I've got this one on a thumb drive too, as well as my laptop. Good advice.
I can give another example of why it's important to keep documents electronically. About 5 or 6 years ago our trailer was vandalized and items stolen. I took photos and went home to start my insurance claim and property destruction/theft police report. About 2 hrs later I was finished.

Called the Sheriff's office and spoke with the investigator that was handling the ordeal (the perp broke into over 25 units in that lot alone). Got his email address and sent him the PDF with all the before and after photos and photos of the model & serial number labels on all of the stolen equipment. Copied our insurance agent on the same email. About 30 min. later the investigator called me and thanked me for the "detailed report". He said it made his job much easier.

I've been doing this for decades. I started out taking photos with a Polaroid Instamatic "back in the day" and kept the photos and receipts in a safe deposit box at the bank for safe keeping. I documented everything in the house, cars, boats, all property. When the digital age hit (Yup, first camera was a Kodak 3.5" floppy drive storage) moved to digital storage. Now days, with cloud services it's much easier but I still keep a copy on a portable hard drive in the safe.