Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
BevandNorm

Side windows in slide out

We are picking up our new 2011 Springdale on Wednesday. I wish the side windows on the super slide out were the type that you can open but they're NOT. Has anyone ever tried replacing these? I really would like to have the ability to have lots of fresh air!!!!!
BevandNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
THedges

I would also be interested in this. I hate that the side windows don't open! We get absolutely no cross ventilation. One thing that does help, we installed a Fantastic Fan in the bedroom.
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevandNorm View Post
We are picking up our new 2011 Springdale on Wednesday. I wish the side windows on the super slide out were the type that you can open but they're NOT. Has anyone ever tried replacing these? I really would like to have the ability to have lots of fresh air!!!!!
You would have to measure the size and compare with what is available and be sure to replace with a sliding window made for the thinner wall so as not to interfere with room operation. My Cougar has opening windows in side of slide so they are available. You could even check with an online RV salvage site for a used window. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
pinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevandNorm View Post
I'm with you folks.I also like fresh air.I will check at a friends place.He owns a glass company.I dont take delivery of my new springdale till next spring..I will send approx price when I find out.That is one of the mods I want.
pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
joy22kar

one of the many reasons we are trading in our sprinter... our new outback has windows that open all around.. :-) makes me a happy camper.. lol
joy22kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn View Post
I'm with you folks.I also like fresh air.I will check at a friends place.He owns a glass company.I dont take delivery of my new springdale till next spring..I will send approx price when I find out.That is one of the mods I want.
If your trailer is not built yet, I would see if Keystone will up-grade the window. Why pay for the same window twice? It's worth a phone call, Hank
Old 10-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
gkainz

Laredo side slide windows also open ... no idea if they're the same size or not ...
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
pinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
If your trailer is not built yet, I would see if Keystone will up-grade the window. Why pay for the same window twice? It's worth a phone call, Hank
Hank... just purchased from the lot as a left over '11...Having delivery in the spring so warranty starts then.
pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn View Post
Hank... just purchased from the lot as a left over '11...Having delivery in the spring so warranty starts then.
Even better ..... now is the time to work on the dealer while he is hungry to get that final check.