Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #21
Northofu1
Senior Member
 
Northofu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 1,847
That looks great John. Well done.
__________________
Dan & Serena

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #22
TractorPole
Junior Member
 
TractorPole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Western
Posts: 8
good to hear, I have all the products that you mentioned in your first post in my detail kit. I will be polishing and waxing my Bullet after my last trip before storing it for the winter, the front cap is in bad shape and I did a test spot by hand and I will definitely need my porter cable DA polisher to get it looking nice again.
__________________
2017 Keystone Bullet 272BHSWE
IG: @yukoncornieliusrv
2012 Ford F-150 Raptor
IG: @bumbletheraptor
TractorPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #23
Jennifer Fuzion 414
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Las Vegas Area
Posts: 19
How many 16oz bottles of the V32, V36 etc did your entire rig take, they're on sale on Amazon Prime today.


Thanks
Jen
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:53 AM   #24
twvette
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 172
Fairly sure it was about 1.5 bottles for mine.

UPDATE: been a while now and the polishing is indeed holding up. Waxed it again a few months ago and was still nice and smooth. Get lots of compliments in RV parks that looks really good too. Will probably do another V32/36 polish this year or next to get the spots I think could have been better if knew what was doing on my first attempt, but from then out confident just a V36 every few years and “wax of choice” yearly will keep it really nice I think.
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #25
Jennifer Fuzion 414
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Las Vegas Area
Posts: 19
You should be on commission with Chemical Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by twvette View Post
Fairly sure it was about 1.5 bottles for mine.
UPDATE: been a while now and the polishing is indeed holding up.

Well then I guess the trigger I pulled last night based entirely on your post was a good call, granted a picked up a few extra bottles, being in Arizona I foresee doing this quite often... if you didn't work for Chemical Guys before, you sure should now (see below).. LOL

Your post was awesome and to hear it's holding up is GREAT news. The 2016 414 I just purchased has terrible chalking, see pics below... I'm looking forward to following in your footsteps.....

Did you use a ladder or scaffolding?

Jen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9822 (1).jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	34223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9820 (1).jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	34224   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-22_10-35-26.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	34225   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-22_10-35-14.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	34226   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-22_10-35-01.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	34227  

Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:47 AM   #26
twvette
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 172
Ha, yeah Chemical Guys took a piece of my wallet for sure as have other stuff you ordered too. Mine was on similar conditions as yours. You will want yellow pads too for the V32. Their pad cleaner works very well and will want it or figure something out as the pad will get very dirty. Went with their pad lube spray as works well with the Mothers clay pad.

I bought rolling scaffolding from from Home Depot. Helps but still kinda pain to use to lock all wheels, climb up it, and ddi t like it without buying the extra railing kit but it gets I. The way a little too. Did what I could reach from ground then just the remaining on the scaffold. Renting an electric scissors lift would be worth it for the recovery IMHO.
__________________
- '16 Fuzion Chrome 420
- '15 RAM 3500 SRW 4x4 Aisin Crew
- '17 Maverick X3 RS
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #27
Jennifer Fuzion 414
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Las Vegas Area
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by twvette View Post
Ha, yeah Chemical Guys took a piece of my wallet for sure as have other stuff you ordered too. Mine was on similar conditions as yours. You will want yellow pads too for the V32. Their pad cleaner works very well and will want it or figure something out as the pad will get very dirty. Went with their pad lube spray as works well with the Mothers clay pad.

I bought rolling scaffolding from from Home Depot. Helps but still kinda pain to use to lock all wheels, climb up it, and ddi t like it without buying the extra railing kit but it gets I. The way a little too. Did what I could reach from ground then just the remaining on the scaffold. Renting an electric scissors lift would be worth it for the recovery IMHO.
Oh I ordered everything you recommended (including at least 5 of yellow, orange, grabbed some red and some black) and more, you did good as a rep.. lol, glad to hear you recognize my streaking, I was curious what problem I really had and was it fixable until you just said that, thank you... that gives me hope.

I ordered 5 bottles each of the v's (only some are shown as it was prime day and there was a limit, ordered more the next day from their Ebay page, which they have cheap by the way, Chem Guys direct on Ebay, great prices). I ordered the lube, clay everything, it's a cheap investment... I have a Kubota M62 tractor loader backhoe so I'll just put a bucket on it and use that instead of scaffolding, mind you if you're doing this every few months that may be a good investment as well. I bought their jetseal as well to try, we'll see how that looks..... What was your final wax you put on and how has it held up? I'd be tempted to do a good DIY ceramic but I live in the desert near Vegas and that needs to be done inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-23_09-15-23.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	34258  
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #28
Jennifer Fuzion 414
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Las Vegas Area
Posts: 19
.. for those curious what we're talking about re pad colors... this is a great video.

https://youtu.be/iFnmfn9mwYc
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #29
Jennifer Fuzion 414
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Las Vegas Area
Posts: 19
Order arrived, whoever they have in shipping needs his a*s fired....all the product was tossed into a big box like it was garbage, caps on the blue pad cleaner were loose, caps on the polish were loose causing spillage INSIDE the box and it was obviously noticed by the moron that packet it as his fingerprints by the label were done in the leaking polish.... absolutely horrendous... tried to contact them on their web site to resolve, no email address, just some web form that you can't attach photos... so i'll never buy from again sadly..... don't care how good the coach comes out, service means something, but not to them I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chemical guys spillage2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	34365   Click image for larger version

Name:	chemical guys spillage.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	34366  
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #30
Northofu1
Senior Member
 
Northofu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 1,847
I bought my product from Amazon.ca as Chemical brothers don't ship up here. It all arrived in good condition. Amazon can be a great medium, their return policy and customer service is second only to costco.
__________________
Dan & Serena

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:04 PM   #31
Jennifer Fuzion 414
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Las Vegas Area
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
I bought my product from Amazon.ca as Chemical brothers don't ship up here. It all arrived in good condition. Amazon can be a great medium, their return policy and customer service is second only to costco.

Cheers, yea I hear ya.... I bought some from Amazon, eBay and direct as there Amazon items had limits and I needed heaps as mentioned above...

I'm from BC, living in NW AZ now, nice to see another Canucklehead on here.


Jen
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:48 AM   #32
geeman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NW Iowa
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Fuzion 414 View Post
Order arrived, whoever they have in shipping needs his a*s fired....all the product was tossed into a big box like it was garbage, caps on the blue pad cleaner were loose, caps on the polish were loose causing spillage INSIDE the box and it was obviously noticed by the moron that packet it as his fingerprints by the label were done in the leaking polish.... absolutely horrendous... tried to contact them on their web site to resolve, no email address, just some web form that you can't attach photos... so i'll never buy from again sadly..... don't care how good the coach comes out, service means something, but not to them I guess.
Is that from Amazon Fullfillment? Because Chemical Guys do have great service. Sad to see this though even from Amazon--too big dont care.
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #33
Jennifer Fuzion 414
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Las Vegas Area
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Is that from Amazon Fullfillment? Because Chemical Guys do have great service. Sad to see this though even from Amazon--too big dont care.

Chemical Guys...


Have sent messages to their web contact form, been several days, they ignored...


Tried leaving a review on Amazon, they refused to post it saying I was not allowed to review the shipping, just the product.... good old Amazon..


That being said, if anyone needs any of this stuff, they're having a SMOKING hot sale on their website this weekend, I just bought 10 more bottles of each of the 32/36


I have two BMW M5's so may pick up some 34 and 38 while it's all on sale... thanks again for the hookup/info on this stuff twvette.


Disregard, DID pick up more.... can't beat a good sale.
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #34
rlamb
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Chilliwack
Posts: 1
Happy to see your blotchy pictures. I have the same issue on my Montana. I used McGuiars one step compound 67. A lot of work for 2 days on door side and back and to look back at it in the wrong light and see blotchy was very disheartening. Not sure what to use now. Any suggestions?
rlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cover, glass

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.