Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2021, 04:58 PM   #21
Javi

They've been putting the 80 amp circuit breaker in the hydraulic system for about 3 years now, but it never hurts to check.
And if you're not having issues with the jacks popping adding striction fluid is not necessary or recommended.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:41 PM   #22
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
They've been putting the 80 amp circuit breaker in the hydraulic system for about 3 years now, but it never hurts to check.
And if you're not having issues with the jacks popping adding striction fluid is not necessary or recommended.
Sadly your statement regarding the Keystone Alpine is just not factual.. the OEM resettable breaker being installed on 2019,2020, and 2021 Alpines for the Dual Polarity solenoid IS IN FACT 50 AMPSÖ

Also..on some models of the Alpine (2021 Only) the Lippert six point hyd system has been replaced with..

Equalizer Systems hydraulic level up and hydraulic slide system. I am not certain of what amperage rating the Equalizer system is using .. it also has a dual polarity solenoid..

Some Grand Design units are now coming OEM with an 80 amp breaker for the Lippert level up system

But NOT a Keystone Alpine .

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinit View Post
I couldnít remember what the oil was called (stiction). Chad had been told about it by the techs too and was passing all the info on about both the oil and circuit breaker.

My husband wants to get some oil and put in our system and also try a circuit breaker. Reading about all the issues everyone was having sounded like this might help.

Shelley
Haulinit aka The Tiny McMansion
The techs used Maxima 15w fork oil.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:12 PM   #24
haulinit

Hi Javi! Our jacks pop and also shut down due to low voltage errors.

Shelley
haulinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:43 AM   #25
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Sadly your statement regarding the Keystone Alpine is just not factual.. the OEM resettable breaker being installed on 2019,2020, and 2021 Alpines for the Dual Polarity solenoid IS IN FACT 50 AMPS…

Also..on some models of the Alpine (2021 Only) the Lippert six point hyd system has been replaced with..

Equalizer Systems hydraulic level up and hydraulic slide system. I am not certain of what amperage rating the Equalizer system is using .. it also has a dual polarity solenoid..

Some Grand Design units are now coming OEM with an 80 amp breaker for the Lippert level up system

But NOT a Keystone Alpine .
Then my dealer changed it on mine because my 2020 Avalanche (made in Jan 20) has an 80 amp and I didn't change it... I'd have remember it if I had.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:28 AM   #26
ChuckS

Not gonna argue.. Stated the facts about the Keystone Alpine... Not an Avalanche..

The Alpine has an OEM 80 amp breaker for the Inverter circuit but 50 amp OEM for dual polarity solenoid..

Anyone that owns the Lippert hyd level up system and hasn't checked that OEM breaker will have nothing but issues sooner or later if it is 50 amp..

The hyd pump motor will draw north of 70 amps OR more on cold weather days and will cause auto level errors as well as start stop start issues with hyd slide outs.

If the RV has the IN Command system then everytime there is a surge on the dc bus they will have issues with it as well...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:16 AM   #27
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Not gonna argue.. Stated the facts about the Keystone Alpine... Not an Avalanche..

The Alpine has an OEM 80 amp breaker for the Inverter circuit but 50 amp OEM for dual polarity solenoid..

Anyone that owns the Lippert hyd level up system and hasn't checked that OEM breaker will have nothing but issues sooner or later if it is 50 amp..

The hyd pump motor will draw north of 70 amps OR more on cold weather days and will cause auto level errors as well as start stop start issues with hyd slide outs.

If the RV has the IN Command system then every time there is a surge on the dc bus they will have issues with it as well...
I had read about the breaker and questioned my dealer about it during PDI and so both of us looked at it and it was 80 amp... and yes the wire from the breaker goes to the pump motor..

So far in the 52 nights we've spent in the trailer since July 22, 2020 we have had no popping and no unexplained issues with the Level Up system. Admittedly it is a little difficult to find sub zero weather to test the system in Texas but we did survive several weekends of 20 to 30 degree nights..

I specifically did not want the abortion that is the In Command system and that is WHY I bought an Avalanche.

The only issue I've had with the D/C side of my trailer is the auto reset on the awnings. Neither awning will retract fully without the breaker resetting at least once. Both will extend with no problem, but just will not retract.
I've loosened every clamp more than once with no improvement.. Since I rarely deploy either awning it isn't a big deal and one day I'll get around to doing something about it.