Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2023, 04:02 PM   #21
GRP

So, yes, this came with the Dragonfly lithium batteries with battery lock and battery heaters with the switch just inside the rear door. They are rated at 100 AH each. It has the 200 watt solar panel mounted on the roof and a box that says "Inverter Prep" in the pass-through.

I pulled the plug at the CG this weekend and found there was no power at any of the outlets so that tells me there is no inverter. If we plan to do any "Boondocking" down the road I might look at getting an inverter. I have seen them from a couple hundred bucks to several thousand!

First camping trip with this has been a learning experience as to what it does, and does not have!

I do appreciate the info being given here! Stinks when the sales people that sell and demonstrate these don't really know.
GRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 04:31 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Everyone bashes RV salesman and for a great deal it's justified. But realistically, most new car auto sales are any better. Ask one how to perform any maintenance, or how should I protect the paint and you'll find out. Like any sales person their single function is to get you to purchase whatever they are selling in just about anyway possible. "Byer beware" applies to RV purchases like everything else.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 01:32 PM   #23
Barlow1C

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRP View Post
So, yes, this came with the Dragonfly lithium batteries with battery lock and battery heaters with the switch just inside the rear door. They are rated at 100 AH each. It has the 200 watt solar panel mounted on the roof and a box that says "Inverter Prep" in the pass-through.

I pulled the plug at the CG this weekend and found there was no power at any of the outlets so that tells me there is no inverter. If we plan to do any "Boondocking" down the road I might look at getting an inverter. I have seen them from a couple hundred bucks to several thousand!

First camping trip with this has been a learning experience as to what it does, and does not have!

I do appreciate the info being given here! Stinks when the sales people that sell and demonstrate these don't really know.
I have a 2022 Keystone with the same setup, and I installed an inverter. It works great, but keep in mind you'll also want to put in a transfer switch and a few other components. It's not too complicated.
Barlow1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 05:53 AM   #24
DAMILLER_SR

Fwiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRP View Post
Thank you so much for the info! We are currently camping and have been running an extension cord from an inside outlet until we got the question answered.
I use 2 extension cords from the power pole all the time. I have one on a pass through into my rig mainly for my electric heater. The other is a 6 plug bar with built in breaker & 10' cord(I forget the real name), I use for anything outside, TV, woodworking equipment, etc. jm2c
DAMILLER_SR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlets